Old 02-24-2007, 12:50 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 305 Likes on 211 Posts
Default 6 Piston Monoblock Brake kit $3,975.00

On my recent vacation, I was able to meet in person my Porsche parts manager in person. As we talking he handed me a small box.. I was given this wall clock for supporting Porsche with there parts program. With that said, we have cooked up a special on Porsche GT2-GT3 monoblock brake kit.

This kit is for the 996TT, it includes the same caliper package that is fitted to the above mentioned cars, it also sports 350mm rotors all around. The rotors have the correct offset and do retain the rear E-brakes.

The price does not include the pads.. Due to the many options that are available.. However, I will take the time to explain the differences and we can order them.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Here is a picture of the brake kit. The picture might tend to show that the rear rotor looks smaller. However, that isn't the case.. Both rotors are the same. Front and rear are at 14".. The rear utilizes the e-brake and does not need modified. The rotors in this kit do not need milled like people have done with the GT2 and GT3 rotor.

Brembo has released there answer to the Porsche designed 6 piston monoblock. The Brembo units are smaller but are actually taller or more bulky. Being that Porsche designed these units, Brembo cannot use the same larger pad that the Porsche 6 pistons use. What I am trying to get at is, yes the Brembo system might be a good system, but the fronts cost as much as this entire kit. And as I have learned. When at the European car shootout, we got are butts handed to us by a car that ran these same(it was heavier and a CAB to boot) calipers and carbon rotors. We ran the 380mm 8 piston GT Titanium Brembo kit..
Old 03-02-2007, 10:17 PM
tradin1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where's my set???
Old 03-02-2007, 10:17 PM
Tom996
Intermediate

Kevin,
Do they save us weight? How much more do they improve stopping distance? How would they hold up @ the track?.....tom
Old 03-02-2007, 10:40 PM
KPG
Pro

Originally Posted by Tom996
Kevin,
Do they save us weight? How much more do they improve stopping distance? How would they hold up @ the track?.....tom
Still trying to lighten up that heavy '02.... Kevin
Old 03-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Tom996
Intermediate

Originally Posted by KPG
Still trying to lighten up that heavy '02.... Kevin
I'm still lighter! hehe
Old 03-03-2007, 12:31 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Chris send me one of your front rims.. I'll mount it and see if it fits..
Old 03-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Tom.. Thanks for the order today!!
Old 03-06-2007, 01:44 PM
Tom996
Intermediate

I cant wait have them on the car! Your Welcome!
Old 03-07-2007, 07:37 PM
BremboGuy
Banned

Originally Posted by Kevin
Brembo has released there answer to the Porsche designed 6 piston monoblock. The Brembo units are smaller but are actually taller or more bulky. Being that Porsche designed these units, Brembo cannot use the same larger pad that the Porsche 6 pistons use. What I am trying to get at is, yes the Brembo system might be a good system, but the fronts cost as much as this entire kit. And as I have learned. When at the European car shootout, we got are butts handed to us by a car that ran these same(it was heavier and a CAB to boot) calipers and carbon rotors. We ran the 380mm 8 piston GT Titanium Brembo kit..
Edit by John D.

Removed.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:57 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

You tell Jamie that he can call me and we can discuss how the aftermarket GT3 Ti kit got smoked in the shootout by a Cabrio sporting these same calipers.. The new Brembo kit that you have offered will fit the MASS market.. It is designed to fit a Kia or Caddy Escalade, let alone a 911. $$$ for dollar and track performance we will see in the near future how the new Brembo aftermarket kit stacks up against the "Proven" original 6 piston monoblock Porsche design.. Curt Wagner (who was sponsored by Race Tech)also trashed the brake bias of the GTR kit and said that it wasn't matched properly and need more work to get the setup correctly.. Which brings up the fact that the Porsche Kit/system is designed for the ABS that is on the car..
Old 03-07-2007, 08:28 PM
BremboGuy
Banned

You tell Jamie that he can call me and we can discuss how the aftermarket GT3 Ti kit got smoked in the shootout by a Cabrio sporting these same calipers.. The new Brembo kit that you have offered will fit the MASS market.. It is designed to fit a Kia or Caddy Escalade, let alone a 911. $$$ for dollar and track performance we will see in the near future how the new Brembo aftermarket kit stacks up against the "Proven" original 6 piston monoblock Porsche design.. Curt Wagner (who was sponsored by Race Tech)also trashed the brake bias of the GTR kit and said that it wasn't matched properly and need more work to get the setup correctly.. Which brings up the fact that the Porsche Kit/system is designed for the ABS that is on the car..

Edit by John D.

Removed.

Last edited by BremboGuy; 03-07-2007 at 09:03 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

You are coming on this thread to promote the aftermarket Brembo 6 piston monoblocks. You should disclose your affiliation with Brembo???

I didn't mention the Excellence Magazine test, I posted the European Car test, because that was the one that I attended.. And for the record there were two cars that had the GTR kit. One car, I bought the kit and installed. The point that I am making is.. It is very common that with the aftermarket brake kits that you will and can have bias issues on the track..

And like I said we will see very shortly how the aftermarket 6 pistons will stack up against Porsche's kit. And for a price point for the readers. The new Brembo aftermarket kit ranges from $3,500-$3,900 just for the front brake kit. This kit that I am offering packs alot of punch for the price compared to other kits.

And for the record I'm going to post the results shortly for the GTR vs Porsche's 6 piston monoblock results that I can vouch for as reference..
Old 03-07-2007, 09:13 PM
BremboGuy
Banned

Curt Wagner (who was sponsored by Race Tech)also trashed the brake bias of the GTR kit and said that it wasn't matched properly and need more work to get the setup correctly..

Edit by John D.

Removed.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Cort didn't know which pads were installed nor at that time which brakes system were on the car when he made the remarks.. If this is Jamie, you should have known better and given us the same pads that you gave Alex's car..

Quick Reply: 6 Piston Monoblock Brake kit $3,975.00