Sponsored by:

Going With Upsolute

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 12:49 AM
smjjpres
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going With Upsolute

I have decided to go with the Upsolute chip. I drove an upsolute chipped car the other night and the difference was remarkable. My stock car seemed slow in comparison.

I should have everything up and ready on Friday. Will post final opinions once I spend some time behind the wheel.

After driving the chipped car, the decision was a no brainer.

SM
Old 10-12-2005, 12:58 AM
omega
Racer

does upsolute allow you to reprogram after other mods???????????
Old 10-12-2005, 04:00 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 84 Likes on 38 Posts

WIth the mods you have Steve... you really should go GIAC. They have the programing for K24s, exhaust etc....
Old 10-12-2005, 10:25 AM
smjjpres
Instructor

Originally Posted by omega
does upsolute allow you to reprogram after other mods???????????
No, upgrade is not possible. The GIAC would be more appropriate for a heavily modded, or future heavily modded car as the software can be adjusted.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:49 AM
mikerosi
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

With th Upsolute chip do you have to keep the original exhaust? I know the better flow exhausts result in faster spool up. I am going with DV`s, intake, exhaust, and upsolute. Will this chip take into account these mild mods and what would power and torque gains be?? Sharkey could you chime in on this please; Even though you are an EVO dealer, I would appreciate it, Mike
Old 10-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Woodster
Drifting

I rec'd my PSI 480 ECU today but have to wait until later to install it.
Future programming to go with upgraded mods will be "free"
(the programming portion of a PSI 550 kit for example).
I will advise later today or tomorrow how it runs.
Marty
Old 10-12-2005, 12:40 PM
smjjpres
Instructor

Ask BigCarrot. I am most likely going to keep my exhaust stock, though, the chip is supposed to perform even better with an upgraded exhaust. I believe BC has the FabSpeed, and, he felt and even further improvement in performance after the install. BC, care to comment?

Originally Posted by mikerosi
With th Upsolute chip do you have to keep the original exhaust? I know the better flow exhausts result in faster spool up. I am going with DV`s, intake, exhaust, and upsolute. Will this chip take into account these mild mods and what would power and torque gains be?? Sharkey could you chime in on this please; Even though you are an EVO dealer, I would appreciate it, Mike
Old 10-12-2005, 01:23 PM
BigCarrot
Instructor

Steve doesn't have any mods at all, and all he really plans to do is an exhaust. Upsolute is perfect for his application! The stage one works as well as any other, and it's much less expensive! If you plan to do upgrades besides exhaust, intake, and diverter valves, it's probably not the best choice. Upsolute claims 90hp/74ft lbs on their site for the stage one chip. I don't really know what it makes, but I do know that the difference is substantial and very noticeable!
Old 10-12-2005, 03:05 PM
Woodster
Drifting

90 Horsepower from a chip (with or without exhaust) seems like an awfully tall order!
(Big Carrot I understand you were just quoting their website!!) Doesnt this seem a little
Optimistic guys??
On my 993Twin Turbo it took ECU programming, ported headers, kevins stage 2 hybrid turbos
5 bar fpr, 100 cell cats to get about 90-100 real horsepower, so I guess I am a sceptic.
Marty K (soon to know "seat of pants horsepower" on my PSI 480...)
Old 10-12-2005, 04:50 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 304 Likes on 210 Posts

Folks, Upsolute does have programming done for my Stage 2 turbochargers.. However, it is limited to the amount of boost the ECU allows. 1.25bars max..
Old 10-12-2005, 05:24 PM
BigCarrot
Instructor

Originally Posted by Kevin
Folks, Upsolute does have programming done for my Stage 2 turbochargers.. However, it is limited to the amount of boost the ECU allows. 1.25bars max..

I plan to do just that when I get bored with the stage one.... and I will.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:34 PM
billystang993
Advanced

i m getting my upsolute friday,i heard great comments also it is a great price!!
and so far no more upgrades ,just chip, ecxhaust pci ,and evo filter.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:38 PM
johnyg
Instructor

Woodster,
You are going to literally laugh out loud when you get your ecu re-installed. I have the 480 chip and it is a BIG difference. Very smooth, strong and I can still eeek out +/- 24-26 mpg on highway with the air off at 75-80. This mileage does require a stingy foot to acheive. If you start romping on it you can forget about mileage and focus on how quick you get somewhere. Holler when you are done.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:42 AM
NC Bob
Instructor

Originally Posted by mikerosi
Well, you've pretty much described what I have. Started with Bailey's, then installed a B&B LeMans exhaust. Later installed the Upsolute and recently the EVO intake. I have over 20,000 on the DVs and the exhaust and about 18,000 on the Upsolute. I've never had to have it remapped nor have I had a CEL.
It still runs like a red *** ape.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:18 PM
omega
Racer

not haveing raced a red *** ape , is that good ???????????? TE HE

Quick Reply: Going With Upsolute