Sponsored by:

euro gt3 seat side mount question

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 01:34 PM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

Received 709 Likes on 355 Posts
Default euro gt3 seat side mount question

Hey all, quick question for the seat gurus. Josh installed some euro buckets in the car before I bought it back, and although I used to not be a fan, they are really growing on me, so much so that I just bought a used pair in perlon that I plan to install (I think it will look better than black leather against the natural brown interior).

The seats are currently mounted with the oem Porsche side mounts, which as you all know, only have one rear hole per side for mounting the seat, meaning there is no "rake" or tilt adjustment (at least not without drilling new holes and trimming the plastic of the seat belt hole trim).

So, are there any non-oem side mounts that work just as well with the oem bucket seats, have the attachment point for the harnesses and belts, but also have an extra hole to provide some tilt adjustment? If so, that would be perfect as I'm 6'4" and would love just a tad more rake. Thanks!
Old 12-31-2016, 12:19 PM
mistermct
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Brey- Krause brackets?

http://www.bkauto.com/mobile/Product.aspx?id=37515

That's the first one I grabbed from their site and I know there are a few different ones so look closely.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:54 AM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

Thanks for that lead. I checked out BK Auto and the problem I see is that literally every single one of their mounts lacks the "outboard" seat belt/harness mount that is featured on the oem mounts (the bk mounts have the inboard mount only). These mounts assume that you will be clipping in your harness belts to a rollbar or the stock seat belt attachment point on the outboard side. Problem is, you can't "clip in" with the schroth belts that are designed for the gt3 seats, since they are "eyelet" style. I'd like to maintain the stock mounting locations since the harnesses were designed for the loads exerted only when in those locations.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:45 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,723 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottArizona
Thanks for that lead. I checked out BK Auto and the problem I see is that literally every single one of their mounts lacks the "outboard" seat belt/harness mount that is featured on the oem mounts (the bk mounts have the inboard mount only). These mounts assume that you will be clipping in your harness belts to a rollbar or the stock seat belt attachment point on the outboard side. Problem is, you can't "clip in" with the schroth belts that are designed for the gt3 seats, since they are "eyelet" style. I'd like to maintain the stock mounting locations since the harnesses were designed for the loads exerted only when in those locations.
I am using the GT3 specific Schroth belts (with the lap belt eyelet) on my Profi Spa seats in conjunction with Brey Krause side mounts. You can contact Brey Krause and have them sell you a pair of side mounts each of which have the seat belt "bung" welded in. Better yet, contact Grant at wine Country Motorsports (Denver location). He's a BK dealer and he can order those. He got mine. I think it added about $20 to the cost for the special order. This is what I did so I could retain the factory seatbelt arrangement. You can see the side mounts below on the left seat.

Last edited by powdrhound; 01-04-2017 at 07:14 PM.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:33 PM
jimk04
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used something like this...I'm in the UK but I sourced it from the US on eBay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282050254357

and also using an aftermarket sparco type slider gets the seat nearly an inch lower than using oem slider.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:12 PM
lax01
Three Wheelin'

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Scott - GMG also has some slick base/sliders: https://www.gmgracing.com/store/2004...6-997-991.html
Old 01-06-2017, 12:06 PM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

would love to retain the oem slider...I have sparco and recaro and they just don't seem to work as well. Will probably just mount what I have to the floor and see if that helps a bit. As things currently "sit," the top numbers on the tach are obscured by the top of the steering wheels so I'd love to get just a tad lower. I already have the bk adapters so I might as well mount to the floor and see how I like it. If I don't I'll probably just drill another hole in the side mounts on the driver's side.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:00 AM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

Congrats on buying back the car Scott. I have the factory Perlon buckets in mine and find them better than the leather version. They are just perfect. I will take a look over the weekend and see how mine are set up. The car is at the hangar, so I can't look at it now. I have the sliders in tact and there is plenty of headroom with helmet on.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:39 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

I checked today and find that mine are also OEM side mounts. I find the seating position perfect.

Quick Reply: euro gt3 seat side mount question