996 GT3 Engine Out Parts List

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 12:59 PM
nigelonich
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 996 GT3 Engine Out Parts List

Hi,

I have my motor and box out just now to do the coolant pipe fix and plan to remove, clean, knurl, glue and pin. belt braces and another belt.

Anyone got a OEM parts list for the hoses they replaced?

Is the water header tank really required as mine looks fine?

What else should I do?

Cheers
Nigel
Scotland
UK.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:06 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 186 Posts

I replaced all the intake manifold rubber hoses. I probably check on the water pump too and expansion tank. Mike
Old 10-27-2016, 07:25 PM
Gadsby
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
Default List

Its a pretty big list if you change all the rubber hoses, tons of orings, then and coolant hoses, sensors, pump, t-stat, etc.

i have a spreadsheet if you want to send me a pm with your email I'll send it to you.

as you can see you have to take it all the way to a long block to do it right.

Old 10-27-2016, 07:36 PM
Gadsby
Rennlist Member

When you take it apart you'll see you have to reassemble in a particular order,. A lot of replacement pieces are small change but you would kick yourself for not doing it when it's all torn down. Yes replace all rubber coupling pieces and the tank while your in there. Personally I did everything considered a wear item to include buried sensors and fuel line. Water pump bearing was rough so even that went.

getting all the parts was the hardest part, except for the one clamp under the intake was a pain!

Old 10-27-2016, 07:47 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 186 Posts

All I can say- darn lotta rubber to replace : (. Mike
Old 10-27-2016, 08:39 PM
lax01
Three Wheelin'

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Jesus H...
Old 10-28-2016, 06:22 AM
nigelonich
Intermediate

Thanks for that as I was wondering what to do this weekend but crying my eyes out sounds like the best option now!

Ill PM you with my email for the list so thank you for offering.

Cheers
Nigel
Old 10-28-2016, 09:30 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

It looks daunting but it's really not that bad. If you do the work yourself there's nothing you won't know about on the car...I found pulling the motor and doing this fix when I first got my car was the bets thing i could do to familiarize myself with all of it's inter-workings.

Don't forget to do fuel filter while everything is out. it's 10x easier to replace when the motor is out.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:49 PM
Gadsby
Rennlist Member

Default GT3 Parts List

996 GT3 guys, The response for the spreadsheet was crazy. Haven't been paying attention lately since there weren't many new topics, but I hope this helps.

So here is the list. I will note that you will want to check the part numbers against pet to confirm, I got some plastic clips that were wrong, and a hose that did not have the branch for the trans cooler. The dealer Double checked my numbers and we still got some wrong.

I buy alot of parts so my local Porche dealer "Motorwerks" in Barrrington, IL, they gave me 10% off and hooked me up when they made mistakes.

I broke it all the way down and the net cost versus online, it was a wash with expensive parts less, while cheap stuff was a bit more.

Getting the fuel injector o-rings, Intake boots took a long time since they kept sending the wrong parts or not enough of them.
Take an Inventory when you get lots of parts as Porsche sends package quantities or pulls from larger bags of parts, there were quite a few extra o-rings and mis-packaged o-rings. Its obvious though when they are wrong.

I have the list with pricing PM for that.

Maxjax made this super easy, and Andy was nice enough to provide insight.

Yes most of the rubber was tough and not very pliable, you could see where there was going to be issue's in the future.

Don't forget O-ring lube and sealant for under the heat exchanger.

GO CUBS!

Old 10-29-2016, 04:09 AM
lax01
Three Wheelin'

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

*tries to forget this thread*
Old 10-29-2016, 04:22 PM
nigelonich
Intermediate

I spent quite a while at my OPC on Friday. I have ordered most of the hoses that are in or about the cooling system and a header tank with a cap. My plastic inlet tube in the inlet manifold was cracked so I have one of those too.

Next week ill have the coolant pump housing hose fittings removed, knurled, fresh bonding and pinned. I just dont like the weld option.

The sound deadening above the engine is scorched so I have a new one of those coming too.

My parts bill was about $1000 and I am sure there is more to come

One good bit of news was that the 996.1 coolant tank was £400 and the 996.2 was £100. Ill do the fuel filter at the same time.

My car is in fairly good condition but its no California car thats for sure. Im so jealous of the climate you guys must have as anything carbon steel based or alloy gets pretty shabby over here :-(
Old 10-30-2016, 08:59 AM
32krazy!
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadsby
When you take it apart you'll see you have to reassemble in a particular order,. A lot of replacement pieces are small change but you would kick yourself for not doing it when it's all torn down. Yes replace all rubber coupling pieces and the tank while your in there. Personally I did everything considered a wear item to include buried sensors and fuel line. Water pump bearing was rough so even that went.

getting all the parts was the hardest part, except for the one clamp under the intake was a pain!

the bracket that holds the coolant hoses up and away from the axles and mounts on the transmission. any chance you have a part #? mine seems to be missing and i cant find the part #
Old 10-30-2016, 11:26 AM
Gadsby
Rennlist Member

It's number 12
Old 10-30-2016, 08:41 PM
32krazy!
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

many thanks!!

Quick Reply: 996 GT3 Engine Out Parts List