Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do manual and automatic 996 turbo's have the same forward coolant piping??

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 10:41 PM
nitrorocket
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do manual and automatic 996 turbo's have the same forward coolant piping??

I am wondering if the coolant piping from a 2001 manual 996 turbo would be the same as a 2002 automatic tipTronic 996 turbo. I have searched quite a bit and cannot seem to find any information on this. Needless to say, I need a set of coolant piping and do not know what I need. Lol

The specific piping I'm looking for is starting from the two main aluminum pipes that go from the back of the car to the front of the car and the miscellaneous hoses and cross pipes in the front, I need to know if those are the same on these two cars or not?
Old 05-02-2016, 09:22 AM
Charles@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fittings on the 2 engines are the same. I have done both myself many times. The main difference in the engines has to deal with the adaption of the tip transmission to the engine, but the engine is the same otherwise.

The coolant hoses that go to the transmission and heater core are different, so if you were replacing all the coolant hoses, then you would need to order specific for your car. Just order with the VIN number.

Quick Reply: Do manual and automatic 996 turbo's have the same forward coolant piping??