Sponsored by:

Which rear toe links /bump steer

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 09:28 AM
Blitz128
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which rear toe links /bump steer

Have been reading the need to add the rear links for track use on my '04 GT3 Seems there are two brands, GMG and Tarett that appear the most... is there anything that suggests pick one brand over the other from a performance, quality standpoint etc ?
Old 11-24-2014, 12:07 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

My understanding is that both are made by ERP. In fact Tarett mentions ERP on several of their pages for these monoball links. After talking to many shops around here, verdict is ERP or Motorsport for these parts due to the quality of the heim joints used.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:13 PM
gman3280
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm considering the same suspension upgrades. I read a lot about RSS bits on this board as well. For me, I think its going to come down to the level of customer service I receive when calling to discuss the products.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:30 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,701 Likes on 991 Posts

Hands down, PMNA 997 Cup rear toe arms. These use high quality German monoballs and have a pinch collar on the mainshaft that is used to lock in your adjustment. They are very beefy. Everyone else like Tarett, GMG, RSS, ERP, etc. uses a jam nut arrangement which is a pain in the *** to adjust in comparison. I had the Tarett arms before and they were OK but I ended up having to replace the thin center hexagon adjustment piece piece which was the weak point as it bent somehow during track use. The rear Tarett arms are made up of OEM front tie rods combined with a custom center turn buckle which is connected to an inner monoball end piece. The Tarett arms that have bump steer are made by ERP if I'm not mistaken. Champion makes a copy of the PMNA toe arms and these would be what I would get if you wanted to save some money as they are about $600 compared to $1000+ for the PMNA arms (http://www.championmotorsport.com/pr...cms-tstr-1.htm).

PMNA arms:

Old 11-24-2014, 02:58 PM
gman3280
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Yea, the Champion bits look sweet. Did you get the full suspension package?
Old 11-24-2014, 03:26 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gman3280
Yea, the Champion bits look sweet. Did you get the full suspension package?
I don't have any of the Champion bits. I am a fan of the OEM PMNA parts. I changed out the front and rear arms to the PMNA cup arms along with the factory RSR LCAs. When you see the quality of those pieces, there really is no comparison to the aftermarket stuff. Here are the matching front PMNA Cup tie rods with bump steer. You don't actually need to swap out the inner portion that connects to the steering rack as that is the same on the CUP as the street car. You just change out the outer half of the assembly. Makes it easy..

PMNA tie rods w/ bump steer:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nM4fpJ]

PMNA RSR Lower control arms:

Old 11-24-2014, 10:49 PM
Blitz128
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks all the great info... I knew when I asked the question I'd wind up spending more than I planned but what the hell... I love the more "robustness" of the Champion or PMNA... but then I do need to have the car "somewhat" drivable on the street... guessing upgraded springs/shocks take it over the streetable limit... I do plan to run the car in TT & DE events... but not go full race/cage etc. I think Mooty must be cringing.... either stock or go full race...
Old 11-24-2014, 11:10 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Blitz128
Thanks all the great info... I knew when I asked the question I'd wind up spending more than I planned but what the hell... I love the more "robustness" of the Champion or PMNA... but then I do need to have the car "somewhat" drivable on the street... guessing upgraded springs/shocks take it over the streetable limit... I do plan to run the car in TT & DE events... but not go full race/cage etc. I think Mooty must be cringing.... either stock or go full race...
You'll be fine. My car is all monoball with fairly stiff rates and it's still streetable when the shock compression is set up soft and the roads are decent.

Quick Reply: Which rear toe links /bump steer