Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F1 in Montreal. Best seats to watch the race?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 12:27 AM
LeBrown
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info! However, I checked out some YouTube videos that people had taken from various locations in the hairpin and based on seat availability, I went with GS 21, Section 8 (which is closer to the middle of the hairpin...out of 10 sections), Row G (they say the first 6 rows have the fencing in front of them).

I would've liked to get a nice spot (Sections 1 - 5) in GS 24, but the best I could get is section 9 (out of 13...with section 1 being closest to the middle of the hairpin...the opposite of GS 21) and by then the cars would already be accelerating down the straight. Also, based on the videos, GS 24 does have some blind spots compared to GS 15 and 21. Unfortunately, GS 11 near the Senna curves was sold out, otherwise I would've strongly considered that.

In any case, I agree with you; it's going to be a GREAT time and I'm EXCITED! Looking forward to feelin' those goose bumps.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:02 PM
al7riv
1st Gear

Hi all,

I'm interested in going to the Saturday General Admission (June, 12th) in order to enjoy the atmosphere and the good vibrations of this F1 event.

But I was wondering: can we actually see the F1 with a General Admission ticket (meaning no seat in stand) at circuit Gilles-Villeneuve? Do we have access to good spots?

I've already been to French F1 GP of Magny-Cours and moto GP of Le Mans. My feedback is that I've always prefered the Saturday against the Sunday: you can move from stands to stands, see different parts of the track, different kinds of action. Usually, there are other kinds of cars on the track competing in various races. I've seen mechanical shows as well, like dragsters. Plus, you often have live concerts in the evening. The atmosphere is really convivial.

How does it go here in Montreal during the Sarturday?

In advance, thank you for your inputs.

Cheers,

Alex
Old 04-18-2010, 05:00 PM
DHI
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

General admission will not give you access to any stands for any of the days. Decent viewing spots are very sparse and are usually populated by the shrewd "regulars" who show up tactically early and some most innovatively prepared.
As for the side shows, Molson or Budweiser may have a couple of shows going on at their headquarter tent, but there are no BIG ticket bands or shows to speak of. The only other motor attractions on site come by way of support series, lke the Ferrari Challenge, Star Mazda, etc...
If you are coming from out of town I would strongly suggest to get a Grand stand ticket if you can swing one moneywise. Any Grandstand stand will be better than viewing 25 feet of track over someone's shoulder between two portable toilets and a vendor kiosk.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Ricardo Canada
AutoX

Originally Posted by DHI
jaygt911,

Concerning seats in grandstand 24... you will love that.

Seeing the cars coming in for the hairpin at nearly 300km/h, hard on the (glowing) brakes, fertile passing action and incidents (coming in too hot), and accelerating out at full song. You've chosen a very good spot. All race series that weekend will yield good entertainment in that area.

Also, not far from the exit/entrance to the metro. You will have the sun at your back so your face won't get grilled. Bring sunblock for your neck. Sun goes up on your right and sets on your left.
Went to my first Montreal GP in 2008 and sat in GS24. Going again this year and got tickets in GS24 again. Great place to watch the race. Only suggestion is to consider buying some seat cushions as the aluminum bleachers get quite uncomfortable. I have purchased some canoe seats that strap on to the bleacher and have a back support.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:00 PM
jkwino
Advanced

I've always sat in GS 11 and more recently 12- I think its pretty cool to watch the start, the awesome turn 1 and then the cars leaving (GS12). After 4 or 5 races I think I'll move on however, for a first timer think this is a great way to start...

Dell, for restaurants, bars, clubs etc... hit me up. MTL is my second home...

J
Old 04-28-2010, 09:06 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

J....definitely meet up with us. There is a large group of us meeting up for drinks. I started another thread as a get-together thread.

LINK
Old 04-30-2010, 04:48 PM
alpine003
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Thinking of going but since it will be with the wifey and baby, I'm not sure if I can justify the "silver" seats.

Does any one have any suggestions or recommendations on which of the "bronze" sections are still decent?

I've included a link that has the various sections still listed by gold, silver, bronze...

http://www.grandprix-tickets.com/ind...&raceid=canada

Also, can any locals recommend a decent hotel or alternate city to stay in if I can't secure a hotel in Montreal?

Any good trains/subways from the various cities surrounding Montreal that would be ok to ride into the GP races?

Thanks.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:56 PM
jaygt911
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Ricardo Canada
Went to my first Montreal GP in 2008 and sat in GS24. Going again this year and got tickets in GS24 again. Great place to watch the race. Only suggestion is to consider buying some seat cushions as the aluminum bleachers get quite uncomfortable. I have purchased some canoe seats that strap on to the bleacher and have a back support.
I will take this into consideration thanks.

I can't wait until race weekend already! Anybody have some pubs or sports bars around the city that you would recommend to watch the World Cup that weekend? I'm a huge futbol fan as well and I refuse to miss the Americans beat the snot out of England
Old 05-03-2010, 06:37 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 187 Posts

My tickets arrived today

Old 06-04-2010, 05:02 AM
jaygt911
3rd Gear

Looks like the Thursday walk through will happen.

Too bad my flight gets in an hour after it's over
Old 02-07-2013, 03:22 PM
djenka2
1st Gear

Default Rows, seats, etc

Hi guys,

I am new at this forum and would appreciate if you can explain what row, section, seat or whatever I should ask the be at the front row of the grandstand 24.

I was looking online but couldn't find any explanation.

Thanks,
djenka2
Old 02-13-2013, 05:35 AM
ishibas6
1st Gear

Hey,
I'm new here too.
This looks like an old thread.

Anyways I'm going to this years Canada GP 2013 and
I got tickets for GS 24.

I know the answer to your question.

If you're facing the grandstand from the track,
section 1 is on the left then sections count up towards the right.
I think there's like 12 or 13 sections.

The rows start with aa is the front row and from there it goes up to bb, cc and up to zz which is followed up by row a, b, c and so on.

The seats start with 1 on the left then count up towards the right, with about 20 seats per section.

Hope this helps.

ishibas6...
Old 02-23-2018, 09:17 PM
luke-44
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks to the previous poster from 2013. Just bought my tix today and this info was invaluable.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:25 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by luke-44
Thanks to the previous poster from 2013. Just bought my tix today and this info was invaluable.
+1 we referenced this thread when booking our trip for this year. Will be in GS 12 for the race. Can't wait.
Old 02-24-2018, 12:18 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 103 Posts

Good stuff - we're back in GS 24 this year (exit of the hairpin). Love the view, and also good proximity to the screen for catching the telemetry.

I think we are row 6. Looking forward to it!

M

Quick Reply: F1 in Montreal. Best seats to watch the race?