Sponsored by:

Europipe for GT3

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2004, 09:38 PM
jim911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot pipes

Looks great, did you do it yourself? When do you think the dyno test will take place?
Old 01-01-2004, 09:47 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Hot pipes

Originally posted by jim911
Looks great, did you do it yourself? When do you think the dyno test will take place?
Yup...Did the install myself. I won't let anyone touch my car unless it's absolutely necessary. The next dyno may be towards the end of January weather permitting...
Old 01-01-2004, 10:16 PM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Right on Chris. When do we get a soundclip?
Old 01-01-2004, 10:24 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by Sloth
Right on Chris. When do we get a soundclip?
I will have to figure out how to mount my shotgun microphone to the back of the car. I do have a portable DAT machine, so the quality would be CD. Just need to find the time. Not worth it for some stationary revs in the garage...Need the sound at WOT on the road!!!

Old 01-01-2004, 11:23 PM
ADOGNY
Racer

Very impressive looking! I am looking forward to your dyno results after the install!

If you dont mind me asking, what was the total cost of the exhaust from start to finish? I would have to add installation as I do not trust myself to attempt this chore on this car.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:29 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

$4300 parts $103 customs charge, zero labor. If your reasonably mechanically inclined, you can handle the install yourself. I am putting together instructions with pics soon. I photographed the entire process.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:28 PM
ADOGNY
Racer

How far is Clifton Park from LI?? Why dont I just take a ride up there - you should be able to do it with your eyes closed now after this install and putting step by step instructions together..
Old 01-03-2004, 12:34 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by ADOGNY
How far is Clifton Park from LI?? Why dont I just take a ride up there - you should be able to do it with your eyes closed now after this install and putting step by step instructions together..
Adam:

No problem at all...If you want to come up, I would be happy to help out on the install. I am less than two hours from the Tappanzee bridge for your reference.

Keep in mind that it is winter now, so the roads may not be great up here unless there is a thaw. One other thing to consider is temperature. My garage is not heated. It would not be too much fun holding wrenches in 32 or less degrees. It was 43 degrees when I did mine so that was'nt bad. Check out my link in my signiture and go to page 5. I have all the pictures posted now. I still have to put install captions under them, which will be soon. It takes about 5 hours to do. If you hold off on the exhaust till spring or if we have a warm stretch that would be best, since it helps alot to do the install with the gargage door open for light reasons, hence it is preferrable to do it when it's warmer out...
Old 01-03-2004, 01:12 AM
ADOGNY
Racer

That is VERY nice of you.. I am about 45 mins on the other side of the bridge, so not too far at all. I am in no rush for the exhaust and was actually going to wait for your full report on the drive and performace over the next several weeks before I decided to make a move.

Do you know the guys from Deman Motorsports in Nyack? I did a one on one DE with the owner Rick and another instructor.. I plan to take a trip to visit his shop soon - how far are you from Nyack?

Adam
Old 01-03-2004, 01:57 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Nyack is just over the Tappanzee, so about 2 hours from there. I have heard of them and hear that they do good work...
Old 01-03-2004, 09:14 AM
privates8
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Chris and Adam,

If you guys are going to get together on this , would you mind if I tagged along. I am still waiting to get inside the GT3. I am holding an order for May allocation that I will be optioning in a few weeks.

I am 10 minutes from the TZ bridge, in Westchester.
Old 01-03-2004, 12:16 PM
ADOGNY
Racer

Sure kid, you can come.. But you have to carry my books and lunchbox!

I am going to wait a bit for the rest of Chris's report on performance, etc.. Maybe even wait for the Dyno since it is winter and I am in no rush to do this.. I will email you when I decide to head up to Deman.
Old 01-04-2004, 03:02 PM
Marco Polo
Instructor

Short of a sound clip, can you give some further indication of the sound change? I know this is very subjective, but while I am interested in distinctly more audibility, I don't want to run afoul of db rules at the tracks or irritate the neighbors. Thanks.
Old 01-04-2004, 03:12 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by Marco Polo
Short of a sound clip, can you give some further indication of the sound change? I know this is very subjective, but while I am interested in distinctly more audibility, I don't want to run afoul of db rules at the tracks or irritate the neighbors. Thanks.
Bottom line, it is not too much louder...The Europipe site has a decibel comparison between it and stock at various rpm levels for your review.
Old 01-04-2004, 05:23 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Default GT3/996 Muffler/Catalytic Install Guide

Here is my gallery to the install of the Europipe mufflers/race cat system.

http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/albuq91?page=1

Quick Reply: Europipe for GT3