Sponsored by:

Cabriolet rear window regulator

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 01:51 PM
thechileman
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cabriolet rear window regulator

A question just to make sure I haven't missed a cheaper option. I have a bad rear window regulator on my Cab. I see new replacements in the $800 dollar range. They are Porsche factory parts. And I see used ones on Ebay, for about $400 or so. I am not seeing any rebuilt, or cheaper knockoffs out there in the marketplace. Is this the case? Or is there another option out there that I am missing? Thanks for the help!
The following users liked this post:
Twberry (08-29-2023)
Old 03-13-2017, 01:57 PM
mrjonger
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take a look at the responses from jaetee

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...good-idea.html
Old 03-13-2017, 02:42 PM
thechileman
Advanced

Thanks for the link mrjonger. I will be checking into getting mine rebuilt...
Old 03-14-2017, 07:01 AM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

What part of the regulator has gone wrong? I saw a motor at $50 on fleebay. Then there is a micro switch which works in conjunction with the top being up or down. It should be easy to compare the non working side to the working side. There has to be a better way than buying another new or used one. An old satyin g is "where there is a WILL, there is a way".
Old 03-14-2017, 06:29 PM
lomax
Instructor

As much of a pain as it is to get in there and replace it, I went with the NEW Porsche part when I did mine. What a bunch of BS designing that thing is. Of course that is probably the only way it could work.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:39 PM
996inTX
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lomax
As much of a pain as it is to get in there and replace it, I went with the NEW Porsche part when I did mine. What a bunch of BS designing that thing is. Of course that is probably the only way it could work.
I agree. It was a major pain in the *** getting it out, so I didn't want to half *** it with a rebuilt part, only to have to take it out again. But I actually paid my Indy to out the new one in, so it cost me much more than $800!
Old 03-22-2017, 04:48 PM
thechileman
Advanced

A final update on this. I decided to go with the new part rather than rebuilt. The Las Vegas Porsche dealer had the cheapest one I could find online. About $700 plus shipping. It took about 3.5 hours for me to R and R. Renntech has a helpful post with everything that needed to be done. Certainly doable by a somewhat competent shade tree wrench like myself. My window works again! Yes!

Quick Reply: Cabriolet rear window regulator