996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

ABS / PSM check light on when switching lights on

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 11:09 AM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts

Very common failure. You may be able to get away with bending and pulling up the center contact up. I did.
​​​​​​
Old 03-22-2017, 06:58 AM
Silk
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Allright, replaced the bulb harness for a new one. Also replaced a broken fog light bulb and a reverse light bulb.

Drove 175miles the last couple of days without a problem. Today after a 45min ride. I stop and drive backwards in the parking garage at work and the ABS/PSM warning pops up again.

Durametric gives now P4340 : Stop light switch

I replaced the brake switch when I got a P0571 code. What is the difference between the P0571 brake light switch and the P4340 stop light switch code?

Anyway, my attention the last days was also drawn to fact that at the end of each ride the voltage meter in the dash drops significantly. When I do a cold start in the morning the needle is close to 14. Checking in Durametric gives a value around 13.7-14.1. Today after this 45min ride I measured with durametric 13.4V at idle. Revving does not affect voltage significantly.

Turning on the heater/AC to max, seat heating on, low/high beam, indicators, fog lights ... the voltage drops to 12.9-13.1V. I imagine when the fan kicks in and the SAI-pump also operates once a while the alternator is definitely drowning.

Quick Reply: ABS / PSM check light on when switching lights on