996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Das Renn Treffen Coral Gables Fl.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 02:59 PM
conosi
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Das Renn Treffen Coral Gables Fl.

Had the chance to stop by on Sunday. Very nice cars and a great atmosphere. Sadly only one 996 in the entire show.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:52 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,665 Likes on 918 Posts

Yea, that's because the show overbooked and kicked the 996/997 cars to the curb.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:52 PM
rolex11
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by conosi
Had the chance to stop by on Sunday. Very nice cars and a great atmosphere. Sadly only one 996 in the entire show.
OH boy!! That's classic...

We were there, but we were parked in a back alley, behind the garbage dumpsters, in our own dark nether world. Of course where all 996's truely belong.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:55 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by rolex11
OH boy!! That's classic...

We were there, but we were parked in a back alley, behind the garbage dumpsters, in our own dark nether world. Of course where all 996's truely belong.

Hahahaha... good one Rolex!

I'm sure you feel most of the frustration since you spent so much time helping organize the 996 crowd for this event.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:36 PM
Dpazos
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was there in attendance. The event was packed with great cars and a lot of people but I was disappointed on where we were placed. It was definitely not part of the event area. It seemed everyone parked and left to the main strip so I didn't get to chat with anyone.
They knew how many cars were signed up and should have been better prepared. I wasn't upset, I live five minutes away, but I imagine it was disappointing for those who came from far or had interest in the awards its ceremony. They completely scrapped the awards since many vehicles could make it into the registration area in the morning because the wait to get in was over an hour long and cars were overheating.
I still thank the organizers because they do it to raise money for a charity and that is always a good thing and at the end of the day you get to spend a day looking a great cars.
Here is a picture of my "show parking" and related backdrop
BTW I noticed they parked a flatbed in the 996 area in case one of our engines detonated. Do we really have that bad of a reputation?

Last edited by Dpazos; 01-05-2018 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:51 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Dpazos
BTW I noticed they parked a flatbed in the 996 area in case one of our engines detonated. Do we really have that bad of a reputation?

HA! Good one!

Yea, looks like they gave us 996 owners the most appropriate attention, huh?

Lawd, I guess this is the Porsche community's equivalent of being lumped into "the basket of deplorables"?

(That's just a harmless joke for all the snowflakes on RL!)
Old 02-27-2017, 04:53 PM
rolex11
Pro

Originally Posted by b3freak
Hahahaha... good one Rolex!

I'm sure you feel most of the frustration since you spent so much time helping organize the 996 crowd for this event.
Rodney Dangerfield syndrome, that's the story of the 996, they don't get no respect, no respect at all!!!

I actually spoke with Yordi Garcia, her and her husband are the founders and organizers. After a 30 minute conversation, yes there were problems but she explained why anything that went wrong, and why it went wrong, and most of it makes sense. A lot had to do with people showing up unregistered and being A-holes.

I gave her our side of the story and our feelings that we felt marginalized. For the most part she explain why and how they put this show together and what caused things to go a little off plan.

I was understanding of most everything she explained, I kept it positive and along the lines of constructive criticism. If you like, you can PM your number and I can explain what she had to say, or her number is on DTR website if you feel the need to speak with her.

Take away was they learn a little bit every year they have this, I think this was the third year. I read her some of our posts here and gave her the URL so she could see all the post that come in in the next few days. She promised to consider our thoughts. She was very sweet.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:04 PM
rolex11
Pro

This shot of my car makes it look like I was actually part of the show. Taken during peak hours of the show. As you can see throngs of people stampeding our cars in the 996 viewing area.
Attached Images  

Last edited by rolex11; 02-27-2017 at 05:26 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:20 PM
rolex11
Pro

Originally Posted by Dpazos
I was there in attendance. The event was packed with great cars and a lot of people but I was disappointed on where we were placed. It was definitely not part of the event area. It seemed everyone parked and left to the main strip so I didn't get to chat with anyone.
They knew how many cars were signed up and should have been better prepared. I wasn't upset, I live five minutes away, but I imagine it was disappointing for those who came from far or had interest in the awards its ceremony. They completely scrapped the awards since many vehicles could make it into the registration area in the morning because the wait to get in was over an hour long and cars were overheating.
I still thank the organizers because they do it to raise money for a charity and that is always a good thing and at the end of the day you get to spend a day looking a great cars.
Here is a picture of my "show parking" and related backdrop

Dpazos,

Is it just me or is that little girl laughing at your car. Looks like she's thinking, "I'll never date or marry a guy who drives a POS 996. Get a real Porsche"
Old 02-27-2017, 05:42 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Old 02-27-2017, 05:47 PM
rolex11
Pro

Originally Posted by b3freak
Thanks for the visual (close-up even) b3freak, I lack any and all photoshop skills....

If it's his daughter? How sad that she laughs at her own father Porsche. She's scarred for life.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:56 AM
Randyg308
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

its good to have sense of humor about the whole thing. gotta say though I'm sorry I registered and supported this event, what a joke after seeing these pictures.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:01 AM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 201 Posts

I plan to ask Yordi who advised her to segregate 996 and 997 cars away from the main area. I suspect I know; it will be interesting to hear what she says.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:36 AM
m3driver
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by porschedog
I plan to ask Yordi who advised her to segregate 996 and 997 cars away from the main area. I suspect I know; it will be interesting to hear what she says.
Will you punch that person In the face? If the answer is no, don't bother asking the question
Old 02-28-2017, 11:22 AM
rolex11
Pro

Originally Posted by porschedog
Sent you a PM....

Quick Reply: Das Renn Treffen Coral Gables Fl.