PSE parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 06:57 PM
langg
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PSE parts

Hello everyone.

I am about to install PSE mufflers on my 01. The question is, what is the part number for a switch? I want an on-off switch. I do not plan to connect to the ECU. I will wire to the crossover valve directly so it works on or off.

Thanks for your help

Langg
Old 01-23-2017, 06:59 PM
langg
Rennlist Member

Also, where can I get a plug for the valve?
Old 01-23-2017, 10:54 PM
RennPart
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 277 Likes on 134 Posts

There is a "on off" switch that comes with the PSE system, but it plugs into the supplied wiring harness and is only available in matte black (your 01 would have gloss switches I assume). I am sure there would be some way of rigging it to use like you would like (on/off) but I do not have a pin-out of the switch. The PSE switch runs around $30 if you want to try it.

Your other option would be to get another glossy switch such as a rear wiper switch, turbo rear spoiler switch, or footwell lighting switch which all come in gloss black. Out of those I would have to say the footwell lighting switch would be the closest to plain or discrete that you could get, they run around $35.

Or just go on down to autozone and get a red pushbutton and mount it on top of your shifter a la Eleanor style "go baby go"

rennpart.com | Phone: 336-793-2134 |Email: ace@rennpart.com

Instagram | Facebook
Old 01-24-2017, 08:57 AM
langg
Rennlist Member

Thanks. I am under the impression that the regular PSE switch is momentary contact. Good to know that there are two finishes.

Langg
Old 01-24-2017, 05:51 PM
Giorginetto
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 36 Posts

PSE exhaust is the best. Ought to be standard along with the MO30 suspension if you ask me. I have had the PSE on my 996 since 2009 and I still cant get enough of it. Deactivation switch can be handy when you dont want to wake up the neighbours , gets pretty loud but not through the entire rev range. . Anyways , enjoy the PSE , regardless of which type of button you buy embrace yourself for some amazing sounds !!! Original PSE exhaust is controlled by this switch and is relay dependent

Quick Reply: PSE parts