Sponsored by:

PSE on all the time

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 07:50 AM
Giorginetto
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 36 Posts
Default PSE on all the time

I have the original PSE with deactivation switch on my 996 Carrera. I recently bought a PSE relay and put a switch on it so i can have the sports mode ON at all times . I believe with this mod the deactivation switch ( not on the relay but on the central console) still works. I plan to install this modded relay this week, has anyone done it ? any need for precautions, any risk ( apart from getting shot by neighbours ) or anything i need to be cautious about ?

I am not sure if i want to have the sports mode ON at ALL times, has anyone done it here with the PSE ? ( there are different type of hacks but i think the relay one is the best btw)
Old 11-14-2016, 10:13 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

Unless euro 996's are wired differently, my factory PSE switch is on all the time. Pressing it turns it to quiet mode (with the switch illuminated). Are you sure that you're not confusing it with the way it works on the 997's? Those have it set to off as a default.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:31 AM
Triple Black
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

My PSE is on all the time unless I push the PSE button - 2004 C2.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:10 PM
RngTrtl
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

i think what he means is the auto on feature at low speeds. I think he is trying to defeat the auto feature. with that being said, OP, there is a much easier way to do that. You can cut a diode wire in the relay and it will accomplish what you are trying to do. Do a search on here for PSE relay and you'll find the thread that I am talking about.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:13 PM
Giorginetto
Racer

My PSE is on at all times as well and I can deactivate it completely with the central console switch on ( lights on for exhaust off ) BUT havent you 996 PSE owners noticed that the PSE is actually not ON at certian low speeds and revs ( 30 to 45 mph) ? There is a profile on when its on , hence the chipped relay and and why other PSE owners have done this and/or other hacks to keep it ON all at ALL times....

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...rt-mode-2.html
Old 11-14-2016, 12:15 PM
Giorginetto
Racer

Originally Posted by RngTrtl
i think what he means is the auto on feature at low speeds. I think he is trying to defeat the auto feature. with that being said, OP, there is a much easier way to do that. You can cut a diode wire in the relay and it will accomplish what you are trying to do. Do a search on here for PSE relay and you'll find the thread that I am talking about.
and thats what i have done but instead of cutting this diode i put a switch on it . My question is really if anyone else has done this , if any issues and if worth it / made a noticeable difference . I will try it anyways since i bought a second relay and did this mod on it but was wondering if anyone else here has done this mod as well
Old 11-14-2016, 03:53 PM
RngTrtl
Drifting

Originally Posted by Giorginetto
and thats what i have done but instead of cutting this diode i put a switch on it . My question is really if anyone else has done this , if any issues and if worth it / made a noticeable difference . I will try it anyways since i bought a second relay and did this mod on it but was wondering if anyone else here has done this mod as well
Electrically there should not be any issues with putting a switch in series with that diode.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:57 PM
Vdubjetta02
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you not just pinch the vacuum line like I did on my S4 and golf R?
Old 11-14-2016, 04:00 PM
Giorginetto
Racer

Originally Posted by Vdubjetta02
Can you not just pinch the vacuum line like I did on my S4 and golf R?
Since I have the PSE on the 996 I don't see why do this .....
Old 11-14-2016, 04:09 PM
RngTrtl
Drifting

Since I have the PSE on the 996 I don't see why do this .....
That would essentially remove the dash switch from working which many people would want to keep.
Old 11-14-2016, 04:16 PM
Giorginetto
Racer

Originally Posted by RngTrtl
That would essentially remove the dash switch from working which many people would want to keep.
Indeed. I put on the modified relay , turn the switch on it and see if having the PSE on all times is worth doing and feedback here
Old 11-14-2016, 04:20 PM
RngTrtl
Drifting

Indeed. I put on the modified relay , turn the switch on it and see if having the PSE on all times is worth doing and feedback here
Back when i had my n/a 996 I did the diode method and loved it. I would turn the PSE sometimes when I went to work early so as not to disturb the neighbors.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:08 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

I cut the diode in my relay a few years ago. It's a 10 min job. I found the instructions either here or on renntech.org
Old 11-14-2016, 05:34 PM
GTsilber
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2002 C4S with factory PSE but no dash switch, was this standard for later model years?

Sorry for the hijack.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:57 AM
Giorginetto
Racer

Originally Posted by GTsilber
I have a 2002 C4S with factory PSE but no dash switch, was this standard for later model years?

Sorry for the hijack.
Dash switch was an option. PSE was available with or without the deactivation switch

Quick Reply: PSE on all the time