Sponsored by:

Interior Rattles - Dynomat?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 10:36 AM
Youri Ko
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Rattles - Dynomat?

So, first of all. I have this 2001 C2 with around 60k on it which is still somewhat new to me, but we got intimate at one point - I pulled it's engine out and did some PO. I love the car but something bugs me everytime I drive it windows up and no music - rattles around upper interior trim. So I get mental about it and always tend to have windows down , to cut the rattles away - yeah, I,m crazy. The tires I have are very stiff so that does not help either, but I keep them for now.

So what I was thinking of, as winter project, is to pull all of the pillar trims, roof lining etc, and see if I can redo some padding on contact surfaces. Maybe replace some clips. I was also thinking of filling all the void with dynomat or something similar....any inputs on this?

One thing I know is pulling it all off will surely break some clips here and there due to car's age, so I would have to be real careful not to make things worse
Old 08-17-2016, 11:04 AM
spruden
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Krytox oil works wonders for eliminating unwanted noises due to plastic/leather/metal surfaces rubbing or vibrating together.

It's expensive but lasts a long time. May want to try this before disassembling your interior trim pieces and risking more damage.
Old 08-17-2016, 11:07 AM
Youri Ko
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is an interesting product! So how would you go for applying it behind the pillar trims?
Old 08-17-2016, 11:14 AM
spruden
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Youri Ko
That is an interesting product! So how would you go for applying it behind the pillar trims?
Get the bottle with the long metal syringe tip and you should be able to fit it into most friction points on the interior. This may not solve all of your rattles, but may help and is very low risk.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:17 AM
happyclam
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have those "bee buzzing" rattles from the AC duct housing. Want to see how I can stop the buzzing.

Quick Reply: Interior Rattles - Dynomat?