996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

RND ENGINES - Direct replacement engine exchange program - Company Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 06:45 PM
RND Engines
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RND ENGINES - Direct replacement engine exchange program - Company Introduction

RND Engines LLC offers a direct replacement engine exchange program specific to Porsche model years 1997-2008 M96/97 Engines, covering the popular Boxster, Carrera, and Cayman models.

The mission of RND Engines is to supply the most updated, reliable, and absolute highest quality M96/97 exchange engines at a fair price. RND Engines are built for the car owner passionate about their vehicle, and an owner that wants to keep their vehicle operating at the highest standards. With no corners cut or details overlooked, RND engines simply offer a high-quality alternative and ultimate peace of mind.

Fast Delivery, Honest Core Evaluation, Fair Pricing:

One to one exchange by original specific engine designation
Fast and fair core evaluation
1-5 business days delivery nationwide
1 year / 12k miles warranty

Professionally rebuilt and upgraded engines:

Nickies™ Cylinder Sleeves by LN Engineering
Intermediate Shaft bearing upgraded with IMS Retrofit
Rebuilt using high-quality OEM and genuine replacement parts
PCA Club Racing legal (except for 2.5l engine)

Additional replaced parts include:

All Internal Gaskets and Seals
Camshaft and Camshaft Sprocket Bolts
Camshaft Position Sensor
Connecting Rod Bolts
Crankcase Bolts
Cylinder Head Bolts
Engine Oil Cooler
Engine Oil Drain Plug
Hydraulic Valve Lifters
Knock Sensor
Main Bearings
Oil Filler Pipe
Oil Filter Cover Cap
Oil Pressure Switch
Oil Separator
Piston Rings
Reference Mark Sensor
Rod Bearings
Sensors
Solenoids
Spark Plugs
Temperature Sensor
Thermostat (Low-Temp version)
Timing Chain, Rails, and Tensioners
Valve Cover Bolts
Water Pump
Wrist Pin Clips

For more information visit rndengines.com, email, or call 888.889.1011

Old 04-23-2015, 08:13 PM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts

Looks interesting. I like that you disclose the parts list. A few questions though:
- Hydraulic lifters. Are they included even for MkII variocam+ intake lifters? Genuine ones are $$$
- Any new parts in the heads such as valve guides, stem seals, etc?
- Do you use a new genuine IMS tensioner blade 99610516555?
- Any ballpark prices for MkII 3.6L engine with a good core? We already know that Jake's engines are $15-20k and rebuilt engines from other rebuilders are $9-12k. I just wonder what your price range is.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:23 PM
alpine003
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

It's nice to have even more options.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:02 PM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Yup and with all the LN goodies and 1yr/12k miles warranty mentioned, it does appear to be a high quality rebuild.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:16 PM
Zanzibar Red 996
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why not give prices and options ?
Old 04-23-2015, 10:54 PM
JayG
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Could it be a new stealth partnership between Jake with Martin?
Perhaps a way for Jake to sell engines at a less that stratospheric price?
Old 04-24-2015, 01:07 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,282 Likes on 899 Posts

Originally Posted by JayG
Could it be a new stealth partnership between Jake with Martin?
Perhaps a way for Jake to sell engines at a less that stratospheric price?
Nope.. Its a way to work with the best OEM supplier of components out there, and combat the less- than- quality mass producers out there.

I told you guys about this weeks ago when Martin popped up trying to take the world over with engine sales. RND Engines is a partnership between me and Charles Navarro (Raby Navarro Development).

These engines are not built by Flat 6 Innovations, these are private label built for SSF Auto Parts (and distributed ONLY by them) using OEM components as a stock replacement engine.

These engines share LN Nickies Cylinders and IMS Retrofit components; but, are otherwise bone stock internally to include stock bore sizes and stock pistons that are treated to allow for the proper compatibility with Nickies cylinders and altered rings.

Again, these engines are neither sold, or produced by Flat 6 Innovations. None of the same employees are involved and the production facility isn't even located on the same property. I simply developed the program for SSF and have assisted them with ensuring the program was well rounded and complete. This partnership brings the best in OEM components (sourced from Germany by SSF) with the best cylinders and IMS Retrofit available (all engines see a dual row IMSB, either a classic dual row, or Single Row Pro) into one on the shelf offering that can be bought and installed by any shop or dealer the same day.

BUT, don't ask me any more about it, as I am the developer and SSF is the seller and supporter of the product.

Don't get these engines confused with my Flat 6 Innovations engines, as they are opposite breeds. My engines have a one year wait time, are never offered in stock displacements and do not use OEM components and come standard with my IMS Solution rather than IMS Retrofit. The RND engines are basically a polar opposite, and primary share the same cylinder technology, but is able to fill an immediate demand and offer a superb, long- living, reliable engine. RND Engines are not available in larger than stock displacements.

We are very proud to have the largest wholesaler of Porsche specific components in North America to be our partner in this engine program. Dozens of factory replacement engines are in stock at warehouses across the USA, with all years and engine designations from 1997-2008 covered for M96 and M97 with the next offerings being Cayenne and 9a1 in the near future.

I built the very first RND engine personally and developed the entire program from scratch along with Charles and the crew from RND and SSF. Someone out there will end up buying that engine, which was for a 3.4 Cayman S. (Don't worry, I kept the production number and M code memorized!)

There's nothing like this in existence elsewhere in the industry, a built right, exchange based, replacement engine with a very fair core charge system.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:26 AM
JayG
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the explanation

I was just messing with you
I saw another post with a link to the company info
Never really thought you would partner with Martin
Old 04-24-2015, 01:32 AM
JD ARTHUR
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe this will make the folks that are so worried about the engines feel better because there will be a solution if the engine goes south. Once the cost is known there will be many comments I'm sure. The more options the better and if the cost isn't to much this sounds great to me.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:14 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JD ARTHUR
Maybe this will make the folks that are so worried about the engines feel better because there will be a solution if the engine goes south. Once the cost is known there will be many comments I'm sure. The more options the better and if the cost isn't to much this sounds great to me.
Please understand that SSF is a distributor of components to Porsche shops all over North America. They are not set up for direct sales to anyone other than companies.

Because of this pricing will vary from shop to shop and region to region. The idea behind this program is for shops to source and install engines, and we have worked with SSF to build a list of preferred installers for the engines.

Things are being handled in this manner so the engines can be properly installed by shops with the proper knowledge, tools and equipment to complete all the criteria thats been set forth by RND and SSF. The best engine can and will be killed by a poor installation effort.

See more at www.rndengines.com
Old 04-24-2015, 02:28 AM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

So does it mean any shop can get the engine and install it or only the preferred installers can get the engine?
Old 04-24-2015, 02:30 AM
johnireland
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I am very happy with this new option for 996s requiring an engine rebuild. Jake's involvement, even on a limited level, gives the project an important leg up. This is no longer about "engine failure." The 996 (as with past 911s) has proved to be a car worth keeping, driving, and rebuilding when the time and miles indicate. The days of dumping 996 rollers is swiftly coming to an end.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:31 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Ahsai
So does it mean any shop can get the engine and install it or only the preferred installers can get the engine?
Any shop can source the engine that has an account with SSF.

You can also buy one through Flat 6, (who will source it from SSF as Flat 6 is a Preferred Installer) BUT we will only sell an engine IF we can install it.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:38 AM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations
Any shop can source the engine that has an account with SSF.

You can also buy one through Flat 6, (who will source it from SSF as Flat 6 is a Preferred Installer) BUT we will only sell an engine IF we can install it.
Thanks for the clarification, Jake.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:42 AM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by johnireland
I am very happy with this new option for 996s requiring an engine rebuild. Jake's involvement, even on a limited level, gives the project an important leg up. This is no longer about "engine failure." The 996 (as with past 911s) has proved to be a car worth keeping, driving, and rebuilding when the time and miles indicate. The days of dumping 996 rollers is swiftly coming to an end.
The only question now is the price point. My guess (hope) is $10-12k + core

Quick Reply: RND ENGINES - Direct replacement engine exchange program - Company Introduction