Sponsored by:

3 TRIPS TO LOS ANGELES

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 10:09 PM
JD ARTHUR
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 3 TRIPS TO LOS ANGELES

Just got back from my third round trip from Vegas to Los Angeles. I thought my wipers were stuck on after a car wash. I looked in owners manual and thought the rain sensor was wet or something. I drove over to Allenslides house in Van Nuys and finally figured out that the wiper lever was in the wrong position. I don't think my car even has a rain sensor. I feel stupid for not finding this out instantly but happy that it was no more than my stupidity which I've had to deal with my whole life and not a new mechanical problem. In any event the car runs and drives PERFECT and I love it. That makes about 1800 miles in trips to LA in the last two months. I don't get to drive my car very often so whenever I do its like a brand new toy again. I enjoyed meeting Allen on this trip and we had some laughs and I love driving the Porsche.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:29 PM
johnireland
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Next time you are coming down give a yell. There are enough of us in the Van Nuys area to make a small get to gether. Corky's on Van Nuys Blvd. has very good hash browns and decent coffee.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:33 PM
Alansglide
Pro

Received 84 Likes on 27 Posts

Glad you enjoyed the trip and the visit Dave.

As to the wipers , as you said ,it's a new car and you don't drive it often. Still learning things about my 911 also ,so don't feel alone .

Alan
Old 04-20-2015, 09:13 PM
JD ARTHUR
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

John, next time I drive the PORSCHE down I'll call you and Allen. It probably won't be for about a month as my next trip down will be on my bike. Norms is great.

Quick Reply: 3 TRIPS TO LOS ANGELES