My first silly 996 adventure

Old 03-14-2015, 12:24 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default My first silly 996 adventure

Went to my foot doc for a follow-up this am in the c4s

Went to leave and realized the car was 100% dead... No juice... Nada.

Called my awesome mechanic (thank you again ROCS!) and brainstormed.... Tried a few things and no dice

Best course of action... Tow to the shop so he could look.

Called AAA and a very nice young guy showed up and we set about popping the front via the fuse box post so I could liberate the tow hook.

He said "you know.... I have to try and jump it... And if it starts I can not tow you for free"

We opened the battery cover and found the negative cable completely off the negative terminal!

Put it back on... Tightened up.... Boom... Starts right up!

I gather that the broker I purchased from about 6 weeks ago had disconnected the batt ery when in his warehouse and never Tightened when he put it back!

Can't wait for a little better weather so I can get outside and go through the car!

All's well that ends well!
Old 03-14-2015, 12:37 PM
DCJosh
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is always the little things.

When my car was shipped to me, the PO said the car had never leaked a drop of oil. PPI confirmed that. I get it off the trailer and I instantly put it on the lift. Oil. Dripping. No Bueno.

I did not know that there was supposed to be a little brown plug on the camshaft. Yeah, that plug keeps oil in. Somehow, it just popped off during shipping.

$10 plug, $20 express shipping from Pelican Parts = Happy DC Josh

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My first silly 996 adventure