Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2003 996 C4S LS3 conversion Slide show

My LS3 Conversion slideshow
http://s922.photobucket.com/user/fierofly88/slideshow/
Old 10-31-2014, 08:34 PM
dcdrechsel
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Thanks for sharing .Your workmanship is outstanding (Looks like it came from the factory)
What's the secret on the electronics ?I assume you run both the Porsche and GM ECU's .The real question is how do you make one smog legal ?

Dave
Old 10-31-2014, 08:58 PM
white out
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Where did you get the 90 degree elbow? It looks nice.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:20 PM
Fierofly
Instructor

Originally Posted by white out
Where did you get the 90 degree elbow? It looks nice.
Thanks, got the elbow from; http://intakehoses.com/Merchant2/mer...gory_Code=CHEW

Originally Posted by dcdrechsel
Thanks for sharing .Your workmanship is outstanding (Looks like it came from the factory)
What's the secret on the electronics ?I assume you run both the Porsche and GM ECU's .The real question is how do you make one smog legal ?

Dave
Both ECU's are wired, using both oil pressure senders and water temp sensers, tach is spliced in to the gm harness, Cooling fans still work off the Porsche ECU, Fuel pump is wired to the GM, Remote water pump is wired to GM. Smog legal, well that's one good thing about Louisiana.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:00 AM
Kalashnikov
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Very nice. Seeing the LS3 from inside the car is very interesting. It looks like you can still do all of the basic maintenance on the LS3 with engine in the vehicle; spark plugs are accessible, belts are accessible, etc.

V8 looks very good in the 911. I can't wait to see this car fully operational and running on the streets, it should be awesome.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:33 AM
kalyan
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Very cool! You have skills!

I wonder how the car will handle once it is all done. Would love to see a video.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Fierofly, I have followed most of your build over on the LSX forum. You are a true craftsman. You have done a favor to the rest of us, by documenting your build. I appreciate how you took the time to do everything right. You did such a beautiful job that I almost think that you should have made the aluminum engine cover out of plexiglass....just so everybody could admire your craftsmanship.

Thanks for your service. Your occupation is evident in the cleanliness of your shop and how your engine is clean enough to eat off of. Good luck finishing your build. I look forward to hearing about your first drive. Did you abandon the idea of twin turbos? The ducts that you made for the back windows looked cool, but took away from your "sleeper" status.

Trending Topics

Old 11-01-2014, 10:16 PM
Fierofly
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mfletch
Fierofly, I have followed most of your build over on the LSX forum. You are a true craftsman. You have done a favor to the rest of us, by documenting your build. I appreciate how you took the time to do everything right. You did such a beautiful job that I almost think that you should have made the aluminum engine cover out of plexiglass....just so everybody could admire your craftsmanship.

Thanks for your service. Your occupation is evident in the cleanliness of your shop and how your engine is clean enough to eat off of. Good luck finishing your build. I look forward to hearing about your first drive. Did you abandon the idea of twin turbos? The ducts that you made for the back windows looked cool, but took away from your "sleeper" status.
Thanks so much for the support and kind words. Took it out for a real short around the block ride today with the cats only installed, IT IS a monster, need to get it registered, insured and an exhaust to start road testing.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:22 AM
996_C4S
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

This is extraordinarily well done. But that doesn't make it right. :-)
Old 11-14-2014, 01:34 PM
niche
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This is extraordinarily well done. But that doesn't make it right. :-)
IDK, with the M96 motor, I may prefer a Frakenporsche!

Quick Reply: 2003 996 C4S LS3 conversion Slide show