Today's Craigslist Finds... - Page 189 - Rennlist Discussion Forums



Today's Craigslist Finds...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-20-2017, 04:26 PM   #2821
jaetee
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
jaetee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Tarpon Springs, FL
Posts: 363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamr91 View Post
^ she is purdy, however, the 4 spoke and tip and no mention of sport seats are all negatives for me. But it looks very clean and a great price IMO
Assuming (dangerous, I know) that the relatively low-miles engine runs well, that car is priced almost at a point where one could start to consider buying to part it out. Especially if someone were able to negotiate the price down a bit further...

Makes me wonder what that breakeven point really is???

Aside of the engine, there's the rims/tires, the aero package, the tranny, the seats and interior bits, and a ton of other parts....

Having shopped for parts online here and there, I can see why people open chop shops just for these cars.
jaetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:59 PM   #2822
docmirror
Shameful Thread Killer
Rennlist Member
 
docmirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Rep of Texas, N NM, Rockies, SoCal
Posts: 18,027
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaetee View Post
That car has been listed for a while... I can only speculate that the Tiptronic is why it's still up for sale? Look like a winner, that's for sure!
I would speculate that because the engine has been apart. Plus tip, and some folks just don't like the aero pkg look. Hard car to sell, even though it appears to be well kept.
docmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #2823
vitaminC
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
vitaminC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 438
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaetee View Post
That car has been listed for a while... I can only speculate that the Tiptronic is why it's still up for sale? Look like a winner, that's for sure!
I think it's the use of ALL CAPS. Don't yell at your potential buyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaetee View Post
Assuming (dangerous, I know) that the relatively low-miles engine runs well, that car is priced almost at a point where one could start to consider buying to part it out. Especially if someone were able to negotiate the price down a bit further...

Makes me wonder what that breakeven point really is???

Aside of the engine, there's the rims/tires, the aero package, the tranny, the seats and interior bits, and a ton of other parts....

Having shopped for parts online here and there, I can see why people open chop shops just for these cars.
Buy it, clean it up and drive it for 6mo, then put it on BAT...
vitaminC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:29 PM   #2824
KoB
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
KoB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Capital Region of NY
Posts: 573
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmirror View Post
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...t&CMP=atempest

Arena red, sport seats(maybe M030 option), nice wheels. Needs motor mounts. Maybe some other catch up mx. $15k asking.
Could be worth a closer look at that price ... mileage isn't that high, nothing ugly in the Carfax, 6/98 build date. Has the usual scuffed seat bolster and needs center caps, but no obvious red flags that I could see.
KoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:37 PM   #2825
Paul Waterloo
User
 
Paul Waterloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,587
Default

True 99, 996 silver over black.....have no idea what options. 77K miles, $15.5K, looks like no IMS.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/6051201677.html
Paul Waterloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:06 PM   #2826
tlippold
User
 
tlippold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Central MA
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoB
Could be worth a closer look at that price ... mileage isn't that high, nothing ugly in the Carfax, 6/98 build date. Has the usual scuffed seat bolster and needs center caps, but no obvious red flags that I could see.
This car looks familiar. I think I was listed on rennlist as for sale by owner. If so the car had some issues and the previous owner had it in the shop.
tlippold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:07 AM   #2827
bradbeck
User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Seattle, WA USA
Posts: 129
Default 2000 coupe, 140k miles, Tip, $8,000

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/6052779654.html

"2000 Porsche 911 140k miles auto silver with black interior. New battery, brake flush driver side window regulator, driver side valve cover gasket and oil change. Front and rear tires 70% tread life left. Front and rear brake pads 80% life left. Clean car fax vehicle has service records from new. Alacantara suede headliner on black leather. Switches and buttons have usual Porsche wear for this mileage, all are functional. Needs rear spoiler and passenger door latch. 8k"
bradbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:09 AM   #2828
bradbeck
User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Seattle, WA USA
Posts: 129
Default 2004 Targa, manual, 65k miles, $24,000

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/6052875100.html

"This little beauty is in excellent condition. Arctic silver metallic original paint job, dark blue leather interior, with retractable rear fin. All service records, included. M96/03 6cyl engine. G9601-no LSD gearbox. "She corners like she's on rails". This car is fun to drive and the retractable roof and sun screen make you feel like you are in a true convertible. Garaged inside, safe from the elements and miles were kept low. She is completely ready to drive and enjoy. Spring time is the best time to see and feel all this car has to offer. To set up a test drive please send text or call for appointment. Serious offers only."
bradbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:16 AM   #2829
bradbeck
User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Seattle, WA USA
Posts: 129
Default 997.1 - 2005 C2S, Ferrari Fly Yellow, 68k miles, $35,900

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/ctd/6052475605.html

Not a 996, but an interesting car....

"2005 Porsche 911 (997.1) Carrera S finished in paint to order Ferrari Fly Yellow over Black leather. This 911 is CARFAX certified and comes with a clean Oregon title and a CARFAX report that shows a great deal of care. This has always been a west coast car and has been owned by mature non smoking owners.

Well equipped with ceramic brakes (PCCB), adaptive sport seats, active suspension (PASM), sport chrono package, sport shifter, navigation and Bose sound, and heated front seats. This Porsche also has had the steering wheel and emergency brake wrapped in alacantara which improves the look and feel of both dramatically.

All maintenance is current, tires and brakes have a great deal of life left, and the 60k service was completed on time. Vehicle comes with a set of original manuals, full set of mats, and a master key."
bradbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:31 AM   #2830
VivG
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
VivG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: SF/SEA
Posts: 316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradbeck View Post
https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/ctd/6052475605.html

Not a 996, but an interesting car....

"2005 Porsche 911 (997.1) Carrera S finished in paint to order Ferrari Fly Yellow over Black leather. This 911 is CARFAX certified and comes with a clean Oregon title and a CARFAX report that shows a great deal of care. This has always been a west coast car and has been owned by mature non smoking owners.

Well equipped with ceramic brakes (PCCB), adaptive sport seats, active suspension (PASM), sport chrono package, sport shifter, navigation and Bose sound, and heated front seats. This Porsche also has had the steering wheel and emergency brake wrapped in alacantara which improves the look and feel of both dramatically.

All maintenance is current, tires and brakes have a great deal of life left, and the 60k service was completed on time. Vehicle comes with a set of original manuals, full set of mats, and a master key."
This has to be one of my favorite 997.1 setups, Fly Yellow looks fantastic. PTS and C2S 6MT means it'll be worth something down the road. Shame about the lack of full leather, but everything else is dead on. And a rear wiper!
VivG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:09 PM   #2831
docmirror
Shameful Thread Killer
Rennlist Member
 
docmirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Rep of Texas, N NM, Rockies, SoCal
Posts: 18,027
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradbeck View Post
I"m sorry, but they're just are not enough buttons, *****, and switches on the center console. I need more to justify a 997 purchase.
docmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:18 PM   #2832
gnat
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
gnat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmirror View Post
I"m sorry, but they're just are not enough buttons, *****, and switches on the center console. I need more to justify a 997 purchase.
Might I interest you in a 991.2?

gnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:32 PM   #2833
docmirror
Shameful Thread Killer
Rennlist Member
 
docmirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Rep of Texas, N NM, Rockies, SoCal
Posts: 18,027
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnat View Post
Might I interest you in a 991.2?
pfft,,, There are more than 50 gewgaws to push, twist or flip on that 997 console. I'm gonna need at least 70.
docmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:38 PM   #2834
islaTurbine
User
 
islaTurbine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 686
Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by docmirror View Post
pfft,,, There are more than 50 gewgaws to push, twist or flip on that 997 console. I'm gonna need at least 70.
From one professional button masher to another.
islaTurbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:47 PM   #2835
Darkhorse
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Darkhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 25
Default

Milwaukee, WI Craigslist posted 3/19/17





Porsche 911 27k low miles - $33500
2008 Porsche Carrera S (all wheel drive)
Guards Red
Tan leather (full leather) seats with Porsche Logo
Cruise Control
Tequipment shift **** (optioned)
Tequipment e-brake (optioned)
Porsche crest on seats (optioned)
6CDC (optioned)
Currently 27,xxx Miles
(520) 337-0813
2008 997.1 C4S For Sale $33,500
Darkhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EARLY EARLY 928 for sale dpower$ 928 Forum 22 11-03-2015 02:16 PM
FS: 1986 944 turbo-PA pudges951 944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 9 08-22-2015 02:28 PM


Tags
good fast cheap pick two

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 03:36 AM.


Copyright ę 1998 - 2015 Rennlist.com