Pro

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/4898954187.html

Good looking turbo.....
Old 02-20-2015, 09:11 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 171 Posts

Porsche 911 Turbo Black 2001 AWD /Fully Serviced at Porsche Dealership - $32400 (Elkhart)

2001 Porsche 911 Turbo odometer: 60000 VIN: WP0AB29981S685866 paint color : black size : compact type : coupe drive : 4wd fuel : gas transmission : manual title status : clean cylinders : 6 cylinders

condition: excellent

For more details search for this car on Craigslist of South Bend / Michiana

!!! Please note that I have the original taillights unpainted -- I will include them free of charge -- I understand if you are looking for the stock look !!!

Unfortunately I can't take this wonder with me where I am moving; the country where I am moving they only allow EU homologation. It will cost a lot to convert it from US standards and on top of that import taxes are a little high (18% on KBB value). . . I am better off buying another one there. . . So long story short someone is about to get really lucky with this turbo charged tank! Correction: Twin Turbo German charged tank!!!

This beast is an absolute fun!!! It has 2 fresh k24 turbos !!!! These k24 turbos are the exact ones that come stock on the Turbo S!!! They are not some aftermarket brand. They are much bigger! Each turbo is a third bigger than the stock k16!!!!

$3000 Bilstein B16 suspension. It is the best/most expensive suspension you can get for a 911. It has a lifetime warranty!!! You get to choose between 10 stages from soft to hard!!! No need of special tools or having to remove the wheels or to lift the car. Just pull over in a parking lot stick your hand behind the rims and adjust the *****!!!

I will provide you with original purchase receipt so you can enjoy the lifetime warranty!

Please understand Bilstein suspension is not a cheap alternative for stock. They are much better than stock. They come standard on so many super cars like the Aston Martin V12 Vantage.

This 911 has a Titanium x-pipe exhaust system. I will also include the stock exhaust; comes with the nice x50 tips that look like this: cO Oɔ.
I do not recommend installing the stock exhaust system. The titanium system weighs 21lb only compared to 65lb for the stock. Titanium cools off a lot faster so your turbos run cooler. Plus the sound of the titanium xpipe makes this 911 very intimidating. Especially at low speeds. Also comes with lifetime warranty!

If you don't like the tail lights; no worries; I have the stock ones, unpainted. They will be included with the car. Just need a Philips screw driver to install them; They have their own light bulbs.

The interior looks very nice! The leather is very soft and has no tears. The motorized seats work very well. The steering wheel and the center console look new. The dashboard was actually replaced. The previous owner, from Dallas, let the car sit under direct sunlight which made the leather wrinkle up very bad on the dashboard. Porsche of Fort Wayne replaced it. I still have the original dash if you want it. Please note the airbag light is on. It came on one day after I picked up the car from the dealership. I never took it back because they are 2 hours away and I was hoping it will go away. There must be some lose connection somewhere. If you take it to them I guarantee they will fix it for free since it is still under one year since it was replaced. Please understand the car has never been in an accident. The hood still has the original Porsche factory sticker (see picture). The front bumper still has the original rare bumperettes in the front.

The body is rust free. This 911 has only been in Indiana for one year. It has never seen the salt until this year. Plus this year hasn't been as bad.

Please feel free to look at the free carfax included to see that this car has never been in a car accident. Please also note in it how the mileage is actual. When I titled the car here in Indiana they told me they had to mark the mileage as exempt because the dealership I bought the car from never provided all documents to prove the mileage was actual. You can actually prove to the DMV that the mileage is actual and they can correct it on the title. Again please note the carfax says this car is flawless and mileage is correct.

All the fluids were replaced (engine / transmission / brake / differentials / coolant). The oxygen sensors are new ($200 x 4!) They were replaced when the titanium exhaust was installed. The tires are Sumitomo which is Japanese, owned by Goodyear. I couldn't justify spending $1500 on the Michelins. I do have the Michelin tires but they are old from 2012.

The all-wheel drive and the traction control works flawlessly. The ABS is great! New 200$ battery from Germany installed!

The only thing the car can use is a new double din car stereo. The current one is kind of old.

Before buying this Turbo, I went through a bunch of 911's and I can assure you this one is priced way below the rest. Plus this 911 is up to date on maintenance! Many Turbo's out there, especially the ones sold by dealerships, are detailed and have their pictures taken in a fancy studio and that's it. . . Service has to be up to date or else you don't get anywhere near the full HP! Please see the service records below so you can see how the authorized dealership dropped the engine and gave it some serious lovel!!!

Folks, this works better if you copy & paste from the ad rather than just providing the link. That way, the info stays up for more than just a few days.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:32 PM
996pp
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

^^^^ that is one smoking deal. I would be all over this if i was still in the market. Wouldnt even try to haggle the seller on the price
Old 02-20-2015, 11:38 PM
bansasn
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kalashnikov
For everyone who was gushing over $10k being cheap for 99, here is your chance to put your money where your mouth is. There were at least two posters saying that they would buy high mileage 99 for 10k cash just because it was a steal. Play ball.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/ctd/4895786094.html
Would anyone buy this one? 200,000K+ miles.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/4836805321.html
Old 02-21-2015, 12:02 AM
911 carrera blue
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

-New clutch. In November 2014 the clutch was replaced at Classic Design and Fabrication in Athens, GA. They are a local Porsche independent shop. The owner has been working on Porsches for over 25 years.
Issues:
-This car does have the common second gear pop out issue. It's been like this since I took ownership of the car and has not gotten any worse. Second gear is useable and shifts in and out fine.
After all this maintenance and new clutch, the second gear pop ups because is common?
Give me a break, please.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist

Last edited by 911 carrera blue; 02-21-2015 at 12:54 AM.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:32 AM
jhott66
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan...
ooff... a bit more than I was thinking, but I definitely believe it. I'm guessing they're willing to sit on it for a while, eventually the price will come down as they continue to get offers for less than $10k.
I offered well less than $10k for the roller and was not so politely dismissed and given a line about $4000 replacement engines, etc, etc.
Their bottomline is $12.9k. $7k above the value of the car as is. It's to bad because it would make a nice project.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:18 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,282 Likes on 899 Posts

Originally Posted by Ahsai
I'm skeptical about that. It says the engine was installed by flat6. Didn't mention all the nice upgrades/reconstruct of a flat6 engine though.
That car was local to us. The engine was not reconstructed, it basically had our #2 preventative package applied to an engine that had been pulled from a lower mileage, salvage vehicle.

That is NOT a Raby engine, remember, we have a repair division here that applies preventatives as well.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:34 AM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations

That car was local to us. The engine was not reconstructed, it basically had our #2 preventative package applied to an engine that had been pulled from a lower mileage, salvage vehicle.

That is NOT a Raby engine, remember, we have a repair division here that applies preventatives as well.
That makes a lot more sense. It could be confusing though as the ad does make it sound like a Raby engine by saying flat6 installed the engine.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:15 AM
rtrip
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bansasn

If it really has a full leather interior it would be worth a ppi. When most sellers say leather interior though, they really mean leather seats.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:53 AM
bansasn
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rtrip
If it really has a full leather interior it would be worth a ppi. When most sellers say leather interior though, they really mean leather seats.
200,000k is a little excessive. For this year is it worth the buy with that much mileage? I think $10k is a little high for that mileage. If it were half that it would be ok.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:20 AM
white out
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

That Turbo!!!!
Old 02-21-2015, 05:01 PM
street rod
Drifting

Received 222 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by 996pp
^^^^ that is one smoking deal. I would be all over this if i was still in the market. Wouldnt even try to haggle the seller on the price
Agreed on the turbo. Its almost too good to be true. I would check everything before proceeding.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:53 PM
Byprodriver
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by bansasn

I wanted to look at this car but hard to communicate with owner, paint is bad too.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:43 PM
firstorbit
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kcattorney
Folks, this works better if you copy & paste from the ad rather than just providing the link. That way, the info stays up for more than just a few days.
Except there's no contact info.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:46 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
In one of the moto forums I frequent, we have a very active thread for craigslist (or eBay, or Kinji, or whatever) for great or interesting moto deals. Thought it would be cool to have something similar over here.

Post up links to tempting 986/996/987/997 water-cooled Porsche's you spot for sale...

It's usually good to post a link to the ad as well as copying the text and a picture link as the craigslist ad's themselves can disappear pretty quickly.

First post in this thread.

Last edited by FRUNKenstein; 02-22-2015 at 12:04 AM.

Quick Reply: Today's Craigslist Finds...