Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

URGWNT Back windows not closing on convertible.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 10:06 PM
wucash
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default URGWNT Back windows not closing on convertible.

I had a new top installed and something is not working properly. The top won't latch properly. It appears to latch properly but the light won't go out and therefor I can't raise the 2 back windows.

Is there a way to force these windows up? I have my car sitting in rain right now with the top "closed" windows closed but 2 back windows fully open.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:19 PM
jwex16
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

Try opening enough to have the front latch retract, stick your finger in the hole where latch goes and try raising rear windows are the same time. There is a plastic cover that can fall off the latch that engages the switch inside the receiver. Hopefully you can get the latch to engage with the windows up. Just an idea.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:47 PM
dgjks6
Drifting

Received 244 Likes on 160 Posts

I had the same thing happen when I had a roof accident. Don't ask. There is a microswitch that the hook must fully push up for the back windows to close. Put the roof up as far as it will go. then get a small screwdriver and push it up the in the area where the latch goes and push the switch up with the screw driver and continue closing the roof. The rear windows will close. As stated above, there is a plastic piece that goes over the latch that is either missing and not on right. I had to do this for a few days until the part came in.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:11 AM
wucash
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dgjks6
I had the same thing happen when I had a roof accident. Don't ask. There is a microswitch that the hook must fully push up for the back windows to close. Put the roof up as far as it will go. then get a small screwdriver and push it up the in the area where the latch goes and push the switch up with the screw driver and continue closing the roof. The rear windows will close. As stated above, there is a plastic piece that goes over the latch that is either missing and not on right. I had to do this for a few days until the part came in.
Great, that seems to do the trick. I have PST2 so I could see when you press it in I get a "latched locked". So its not sticking property. I am assuming the new roof is pulling too much on the back.

It only worked for left window, something is up with the right. I will troubleshoot tomorrow, i am assuming either motor dead or one of the wires got unplugged. or loose etc. Right and Left are on the same fuse.

Quick Reply: URGWNT Back windows not closing on convertible.