Sponsored by:

GT3 rear drop link install

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 09:41 PM
bornrich
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default GT3 rear drop link install

Car 1999 C2 with PSS9 already installed. I have the rear GT3 sway bar installed but the Tarret drop links I have came with no instructions. I think I have it installed right. I will post pics when I get the car back up on stands. I have the short bolt with the large cone spacer bolted into the base of my PSS9 rear shock. And the log bolt through the lower link and through the sway bar ( which does seems a little overkill). It all seems to line up nice but the short bolt doesn't have as many threads into the lower shock mount as the stock link did.

I really wish these part suppliers supplied at least on line docs. Rather than just relying on us to figure it out on our own. Did anyone ever get instructions on the proper install of these links?

I was tired when I did the install so tomorrow I'm going to take a second look, but I thought I would get the input from others.

TIA
Old 08-30-2013, 10:04 PM
LostSouth
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered a set of these a while back and they were shipped with the wrong bolts. I'm not sure I completely understand your issue in particular, but in my case one of the two bolts was too long and it did not thread all the way into the PSS9. I looked around for shorter bolts, but could only find bolts with no shank just all threads so I was unsure if they were good.

They sent me replacement bolts which didn't have a shank and I could have found them locally saving both me and Tarett some trouble.

I found them at Fastenal with no problem, just make sure you get the appropriate grade. If you don't want to do that Ira has great customer service and will fix you up without any hassle.

Also, if you have questions, give them a call and they will help you out. I had ordered the GT3 control arms and wasn't sure which one was left side and which one was right side. I called and asked to speak to Ira. The girl answering the phone asked me what my questions was and was able to tell me what I needed to know.

I think historically these places primarily sold to race shops who instinctively know what to do. As more people DIY it, these small parts suppliers haven't quite caught up with this segment of the market.

Quick Reply: GT3 rear drop link install