Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 12:04 PM
teamgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan GSR
How long did the filter last?
Dan-

Here's a link [URL="https://crspotless.com/wp-content/uploads/CRSpotless_Water_Chart.jpg[/URL] to a chart that shows how many gallons the systems will treat. It is a link from the FAQ page about how many times a car can be washed with it.

Disclosure- Loooooong time Porschephile here who also happens to be the Dir of Sales and Marketing for the company. Could have done a lot of different things after retiring from the Navy, but going with a passion is what I've done my whole life, so why stop now??? I see a ton of traffic directed from this thread so feel free to ask away about how one of our greatest sales weekends was the Porsche Parade on the left coast.

Drive on-

~John
Old 04-18-2017, 04:15 AM
Bella_Jeri
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning to add a water softener to my home since we have hard water problems. I plan to also run a separate line off the softener so I can wash my cars.

I am also planning on buying a electromagnetic water softener which my plumber recommends. This will allow it to be run through the entire house and be used for cooking, ice cubes and drinking.

Have any of you had any experience with this kind of softener instead of the typical salt based systems.

Thanks!

Update: I think I got what I wanted, a good water softener which I recently got from Amazon, I read many reviews and articles about Water Softener on the internet and finally decided to purchase Fleck Water Softener, this site has published a good review

Last edited by Bella_Jeri; 05-15-2017 at 08:28 AM. Reason: just an update
Old 04-18-2017, 11:49 AM
cwilt

Received 203 Likes on 120 Posts

I have a crappy salt based system that came with the house and it sucks. Looking at changing it soon but I haven't found a whole house softener system that I've fallen in love with yet.

This is one I have been considering...

Amazon Amazon
Old 04-18-2017, 03:28 PM
Capt. Obvious
Rennlist Member

Received 1,426 Likes on 783 Posts

I have one of these that I have had for a few years now. I usually add it onto the hose for the final rinse. It works great and I never have spots when I use it, even if I'm feeling lazy and let the car air dry.

Amazon Amazon
Old 04-18-2017, 04:42 PM
fpena944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts

I have a salt based system that was purchased about two years ago and runs the entire home. My hose spigot uses the same water.

I've not really noticed too much of a difference but the water doesn't spot like it did at our old home. Overall I don't really think about it. The salt gets refilled and the filter serviced once a year and nothing else to worry about. Works for me!
Old 04-18-2017, 06:59 PM
stan23
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a very high end Kinetico water softener system that I hookup to my pressure washer, and I still get spots! I've now been doing the hoseless wash using optimum no rinse and it's been great!
Old 04-18-2017, 07:12 PM
sweet victory
Three Wheelin'

Received 203 Likes on 119 Posts

I used to have to wash my cars with really hard water when I lived in Hawaii. Easiest, and cheapest solution is to just wash the car in the shade and dry with a primed drying microfiber towel.

To prime a MF towel, spray some quick retailer or rinse-less wash on the drying towel.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:07 PM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

In Fl most homes are set up to run all the house spigots with all the interior plumbing, so I have 2 paper water filters and a softener. So any spigot gets filtered softened water, and its clear, never any spots. When i wash the car at work, etc I get bad spots. Some cheap car washes also get bad spots. Good car washes are pretty clear
Old 04-18-2017, 11:57 PM
Byprodriver
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Byprodriver
Update: The GE works pretty well for 6 washes then pressure & mineral filtering declines until you replace filter. If you pull the hose at a right angle to the filter it breaks the plastic connector easily. Searched online & found the best shower filter is made by Aquasana, best mineral & chlorine removal, least pressure drop, longest lasting filter, & metal fittings. $40 to your door.
Still using the Aquasana, it works better than the GE but costs 3 times as much.

Quick Reply: DIY Spotless Car Wash Filter System