Sponsored by:

cruise control works when it wants to

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 02:34 PM
SubzeroX
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cruise control works when it wants to

it started a few months ago, where sometimes my cruise control (CC) wouldnt turn on when i pressed the button. When i turned off the car, key out, back in and turned it back on, it would come back, working as usual.

now, about 90% of the time, the CC doesnt turn on when i press in the button. Could it be a loose switch? When it comes on, it works like a charm.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:48 PM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Could be either one of the small switches under the dash drivers side. One on the clutch pedal arm and the same one on the brake pedal arm which could be a bit loose or worn causing the CC to disengage. ie:-If the CC is engaged and the brake or clutch is pushed , it disengages the CC. You could test it by joining the wires together by by-passing each individual switch and try it again. I believe that they are only cheap and pretty easy to install if that is the problem. For gods sake return the wires to normal position. Don't leave it like that or you are in trouble. Bit of a PITA to actually get too, but doable. Other than that, a faulty igntion switch may cause it or the actual push button to the CC. Maybe a loose fuse but very doubtful. Thats about I all know on that. Hope you solve it.

Quick Reply: cruise control works when it wants to