vacuum problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 07:48 PM
graham964
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vacuum problem

Hi
I am in the process of finding out why the vacuum line to my tiptronic gearbox is not producing any vacuum. (I tested it with a mityvac). Consequently I tracked the vacuum line back to the engine bay and after the removal of the power steering pump, throttle body, front air intake and earth lead to the starter motor I had clear access to the other end of the vac pipe from the tiptronic and discovered that the fourway connector it was connected to had nothing connected to one arm! Hence no vacuum.

Please see picture the white card is just to make it show up better.

I think one end is connected to the vacuum reservoir (there is a black cylinder nearby which could be a reservoir ), one to the tiptronic,one to an unkown area in the engine bay but what should the other be connected to?

Anybody got a vacuum diagram or could somebody let me know what the arms are supposed to be connected to. My car is a 2004 C4S tip UK model (I am in England)

thanks for any advice

cheers

Graham
Attached Images   
Old 01-13-2013, 07:52 PM
graham964
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spent some time in the garage but I cannot find a cable hanging unconnected. I have now looked around the web and found an exploded diagram which I think indicates that the 4 arm connector (20)is connected directly to the reservoir (6) could anybody confirm?

I have made a schematic of what the connections are with my car. The dotted line is not present but I think is needed.
Attached Images  
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
vacuum layout all 1.pdf (24.1 KB, 94 views)

Quick Reply: vacuum problem