996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

OMP ARS and RSS bar going in this week!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 12:18 AM
dotframe
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default OMP ARS and RSS bar going in this week!

So I've had these seats sitting in my office for a while now.

I had ordered some planted brackets but once I got them I realized they wouldn't work with the manual sliding mechanism so I had to send them back. Dan at 425/Planted was very awesome to work with but the brackets just didn't work out Ended up going with BK 9071/9072 at twice the cost.

I "test fit" the driver's seat today with some help from http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/album651. One thing I see right away is that I need those longer OEM seat belt receptacles.

The seat is super comfortable. I was worried about losing DD-ability but I can honestly say they feel as comfortable as the stock sport seats if not more so. Even without having the harness mounted I can feel a huge difference in driving the car. Can't WAIT to get the harnesses mounted up and try the seats at the track!

The only thing I'm a bit concerned about is if the seat is reclined too much. I couldn't get the front bolt in the bottom hole on the BK brackets because the seat was bottoming out on the slider mechanism. I'm going to measure the angle tonight to see if it is within OMP install recommendations.

Also painted the RSS bar metallic silver (a really close match to arctic silver).

The sub bars get here Tuesday. All I need is a set of longer seat belt receptacles and I can get it all in the car next week
Attached Images     
Old 04-22-2012, 06:26 AM
Zmonsta
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those ARS seats looks nice. keep us updated.

Quick Reply: OMP ARS and RSS bar going in this week!