996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Leather color code

Old 09-23-2011, 11:53 PM
aviography
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Leather color code

Have searched but unable to find an useful response.

The upper left side bolster of the driver seat has some surface cracks, there are also some surface scuffing on the lower left bolster of the same seat, there are also some superficial scuffing at the leather shift **** boot.

I'd like to get something lile http://www.leatherrepairkits.com/porsche.htm to fix these areas, but have been unable to find definitive informaiton on how to locate and determine the proper color code of the leather surfaces.

I did locate the color code under the front trunk side cover, but it only indicated the exterior code, and not on the medium grey color of the interior.

Could anyone offer any input? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:51 PM
bfutch
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered a can of plastic, vinyl, and carpet dye from Detail King. The gray is carbon gray #3273. Attached is a picture, look and you will see the deap scratches that were black. I am very pleased and it only cost me $11.95 plus shipping for a 11.25 oz spray can. You will thank me for this if your seat backs need touching up. Do not sand the plastic!
Old 09-24-2011, 11:08 PM
aviography
Drifting

Bfutch, no pix in your post.

My seat back does need touch up, but I would like to be certain which color code first from a placard or something similar in the car first.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:04 AM
bfutch
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Run a search in this forum for seat back repair, you will see the pics
Old 09-25-2011, 12:36 PM
Torontoworker
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by aviography

I did locate the color code under the front trunk side cover, but it only indicated the exterior code, and not on the medium grey color of the interior.
The colour code should be there under the underside of the hood on a white paper sticker. There is no main interior colour called 'medium grey'.

There is "Graphite Grey", code = CZ

The other grey colour is "Natural Grey", code = 04

But there are all sorts of permutations and subtle options codes to indicate full leather, part leather, carpet combinations, dash etc. Five full pages of interior colour combo codes! Most of the combo codes won't be on the sticker - they were on the original purchase order or you can order what they used to call the 'cardex' info from the Porsche website for your car if you provide your ownership proof. (I've heard dealers can do it for you as well for a fee)

But there are only 18 colour codes (from brochure) for the main leather interiors for 996 and only 2 are grey.

Most of the companies selling leather dye touch up kits go by the Porsche colour 'name'. A few will give you both the name and the code to select.

Find out which grey you have and your good to go I believe on a supplier order.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:50 PM
aviography
Drifting

Originally Posted by Torontoworker
The colour code should be there under the underside of the hood on a white paper sticker. There is no main interior colour called 'medium grey'.

There is "Graphite Grey", code = CZ

The other grey colour is "Natural Grey", code = 04

But there are all sorts of permutations and subtle options codes to indicate full leather, part leather, carpet combinations, dash etc. Five full pages of interior colour combo codes! Most of the combo codes won't be on the sticker - they were on the original purchase order or you can order what they used to call the 'cardex' info from the Porsche website for your car if you provide your ownership proof. (I've heard dealers can do it for you as well for a fee)

But there are only 18 colour codes (from brochure) for the main leather interiors for 996 and only 2 are grey.

Most of the companies selling leather dye touch up kits go by the Porsche colour 'name'. A few will give you both the name and the code to select.

Find out which grey you have and your good to go I believe on a supplier order.
Thanks, I've attached a pix of the paper under the hood, I wonder if Downtown Porsche where this car was initially purchased could help by providin me with a copy of the original purchase paperwork, although I doubt it due to both the time elapsed and privacy issues........., the original owner whom I bought the car from provided me with zero documentation, not even an owners' manual, which I have since ordered from PFAFF with unknown ETA.
Attached Images  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Leather color code