996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Just tried out the wind deflector!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 03:29 AM
mikefitz6
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just tried out the wind deflector!

I didn't notice a recent post so I thought someone might be interested in an opinion on the wind deflector for my cab.

I got if from Pelican Parts for $318.00 plus a few bucks shipping. My wife loved it! She no longer has to hold onto her hat when we speed up. It is much quieter in the cab for talking. Going up a mountain road the temp was dropping, but the deflector cut the wind enough we did not have to put up the top. Crank up the heat and she stayed comfortable.

Half way up we got to see some bighorn sheep (Colorado). I thought of bringing a camera and of course I left it at home. They were only a few feet away, it would have made for great shots. Oh well, maybe next time. One advantage of the cab, no craning the neck to see out the window. I just had to look up the bank and they were right there. Less than 20 feet away. A hardtop would have blocked the view.

On the way home we hit the interstate and at 81 mph, her hair was moving a little, but not whipping into her face like it normally would have. She could comfortably sit without a hat on to hold back her hair. Betty yet even at these speeds she was warm enough to keep the top down.

I am really pleased with this additiion and would recommend it if your wife has long hair, or if you do for that matter! After all - "If Momma isn't happy, ain't nobody happy"

Mike
Old 03-29-2010, 08:20 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

We loved having our CAB wind deflector until we had kids of course. Can't use the deflector anymore with the kid seats in the back. It really is nice to have.

Not to rain on the parade though but you could have saved some $$$ if you came here first for recs on where to buy. Sunset, one of the favorites around here, sells it for about $60 less than you paid.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:05 PM
mikefitz6
Intermediate

Dell,

I wish I had checked here first! I was happy with my price because the local shop wanted over $500. It never occured to me to ask on this board. In the future I will make sure I do that.

Mike
Old 03-29-2010, 10:09 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Mike, we're here to help! RL is a great resource so don't hesitate to come here and ask for recs on where the best place to buy something is.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:47 AM
rudy1024
Pro

I just picked a deflector up on Saturday - got it sort of used ($200), but it came with a 997 - it fit and it's terrific... the only problem is that I have to adjust my seat so the seat back doesn't hit it... so I can't go back as far as I used to...

Rudy
Old 03-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Down South
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts

I bought one from Ebay last year. It really made a difference! The wife doesn't ride with a mouthful of hair anymore, so it was worth it. I think I paid about $250 shipped and I don't think it had ever been used.

Quick Reply: Just tried out the wind deflector!