Sponsored by:

P-Car Grin

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 02:09 PM
Awesomo996
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P-Car Grin

Great weather here in Portland. Yesterday went home from work with the windows down and the sunroof open and I was surprised by the great exhaust sound echoing into the car from the curb. Put a huge grin on my face, and now I'm wishing I'd bought a cab.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:11 PM
uberskier
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

67 degrees and blue bird skies north of NYC. I'm looking at her in the lot and just can't wait to get in her at 3pm!
Old 03-19-2010, 03:45 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

It's been top-down weather almost all week; if it wasn't for slow traffic, my permagrin would have given me face cramps!
Old 03-19-2010, 04:38 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 129 Posts

Tuesday: 65 deg
Wednesday: 68 deg
Thursday: 62 deg
Friday: 17 deg and snowing like crazy...gotta love springtime in the Rockies!

1-2 feet forecast in the mountains. Screw the cab - I'm taking the S8 and going powder skiing.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:52 PM
Schwabische Auto
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by uberskier
67 degrees and blue bird skies north of NYC. I'm looking at her in the lot and just can't wait to get in her at 3pm!
Are you from Schorndorf? My family was originally from Heutensbach which is just North of Schorndorf by 18KM? My cousin works for Bosch in Stuttgart.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:59 PM
Barn996
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by skiracer
Tuesday: 65 deg
Wednesday: 68 deg
Thursday: 62 deg
Friday: 17 deg and snowing like crazy...gotta love springtime in the Rockies!

1-2 feet forecast in the mountains. Screw the cab - I'm taking the S8 and going powder skiing.
Wow, lucky you. Wish we could get 1-2 ft. of snow...especially now. have fun in the S8.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Pac996
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Awesomo996
Great weather here in Portland. Yesterday went home from work with the windows down and the sunroof open and I was surprised by the great exhaust sound echoing into the car from the curb. Put a huge grin on my face, and now I'm wishing I'd bought a cab.
Nice to hear it. I was in the Willamette Valley for 6 years then Portland for a year. In the valley seeing the sun might be seen as a sign of the end of the world if it happens before spring time

Originally Posted by sjfehr
It's been top-down weather almost all week; if it wasn't for slow traffic, my permagrin would have given me face cramps!
Great area for beautiful weather. Lived south and north in Hampton and Springfield.

Originally Posted by Schwabische Auto
Are you from Schorndorf? My family was originally from Heutensbach which is just North of Schorndorf by 18KM? My cousin works for Bosch in Stuttgart.
Lived in Schwabach sud Nuernburg for 3 years. I loved it when the weather was beautiful. The weather was even beautiful when it snowed a couple of times in July Best of travels to you comrad.

Weather here is 69F 21C with 90% overcast. I'll enjoy it more knowing you guys have had a break in the weather. Maybe check the a/c before the heat of summer. I did.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:00 PM
uberskier
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Schwabische Auto
My mother and her side of the family is. Lots of family still there.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:35 PM
Schwabische Auto
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by uberskier
My mother and her side of the family is. Lots of family still there.
Cool, same here, my mother side of the family, some are in Vienna too. Any family work for Porsche? Caught some family grief for the BMW, had to buy a Porsche again.

Although the Viennese side of the family love the BMWs, but they love Italian cars too. The German's are not so keen on the Italian cars, particularly if they are from Stuttgart.

Quick Reply: P-Car Grin