996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

2003 C4 Cab - How will 6'3" fit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 11:03 AM
RevJim99
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 C4 Cab - How will 6'3" fit?

Hey folks, just wondering if anyone can comment on the interior on a 03 C4 cabriolet with regards to fit, is it smaller than a coupe in terms of headroom? I've read through the other TALL topics but it seems like most are discussing coupes. If there is not a big difference then I think I should be safe.

I'm looking at a nice one (also has the hard top which I have read you have more head room with, can anyone confirm?) but it is a few hours drive away and I would hate to go that way to sit in for 2 mins and not fit....

Would appreciate a lot if anyone can comment/clarify, I've been looking at different vehicles a long time but am constantly shocked at how horrible I fit into sports cars.... Seriously can anyone over 5'8" fit in an XKR? I'm kinda left with the C4 which is good cause thats what I really wanted anyway & now my wife knows I've checked the rest but darn it, it's gonna have to be a porsche. Not that she minds, she if firmly on board after the research....

If not the carrera then I'm gonna have to prob go with an Audi S4 and that is a distant 2nd choice........

thanks!
Old 11-15-2009, 11:16 AM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

I am 6'3" and had a 2003 Cab... worked perfect... had the seat in the furthest backward position. Also tracked the car and no problems with a helmet on either.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:22 AM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 129 Posts

I can't imagine you'd have a hard time getting comfortable in a C4...just do it!
Old 11-15-2009, 12:20 PM
goliver
Three Wheelin'

I'm 6' 2" and have a '99 cab. have several inches of headroom even when I where a baseball cap. I sit pretty upright as well. You won't have any problem unless your height comes from a freakishly long torso. If your inseam is at least a 30 you should be fine.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:24 PM
rajeshr
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Should not be a problem. I have an 04 C4S Cab and am 6'2" and don't have a problem with the headroom . There's definitely more space available (as well as the option to lower the seat), so I can't see a problem fitting someone who is 6'4" in the cab.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:57 PM
sheatley
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

You will not know how you fit the car until you get in it. I am 6'2" and was worried about the same thing. With the seat all the way back, you should have plenty of leg and headroom unless you are an irregular 6'3" in proportions.

I have a 2001. There are 2 glitches in my coupe that could apply to you. The most annoying was the center console. For my seat adjustment, it placed my right leg just below the knee against the console. For my model year I was able to do the console delete. Problem solved.
The second is getting my right foot under and around the brake pedal if I wear boots which are size 13.

Bottom line, you will not know until you try it out. Good luck.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:56 PM
RevJim99
2nd Gear

Thanks all, appreciate very much the feedback. I'm not freakish in proportion so looks like it is worth the trip. Next is the PPI I guess, if that checks out I will make the trip sometime soon.... will be looking forward to have the first drive 3 hrs long if this all works out.

If I go with it then I'll have an all porsche garage, heres my current DD, not a carrera but everyone else has such sweet pics I am jealous.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 2003 C4 Cab - How will 6'3" fit?