Sponsored by:

Millennium Edition 911's

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 12:43 PM
kevjandon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Millennium Edition 911's

There is never really much talk about the millennium here. One popped up on ebay. It's one owener and low milage but are they worth a premium? If so what premium? I'm sure some would argue that the color scheme detracts from the car.

I love the interior on these, but the X51 40th seems like better deal. 40ths with low mileage are in the upper 30's/low 40's.

Here is a link to the car:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-...item4149778462

Interested in hearing your thoughts on pricing.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:42 PM
etwd
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It is, IMO, the ugliest 996 - Porsche has ever made. The paint color and chrome wheels REALLY hurt it's looks. As for the 35K asking price, I guess he can ask anything he wants for it.

I would certainly pass on this one, as it would have a very limited audience when trying to liquidate............as for the price
Old 10-13-2009, 02:44 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Take a hard look at AudiOn19s '99 with Aero kit. He is selling it for $24K. Here is the link.

'99 996 Aero
Old 10-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by etwd
It is, IMO, the ugliest 996 - Porsche has ever made. The paint color and chrome wheels REALLY hurt it's looks. As for the 35K asking price, I guess he can ask anything he wants for it.

I would certainly pass on this one, as it would have a very limited audience when trying to liquidate............as for the price

I think Redridge's Millennium looks damn nice in person!

But, 12K miles or not thats way too much money for that car, and those wheels are foul.

As Tim said, take a look at Audion19's car, thats is a really nice example or go for a 40th, at least you get a power increase.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:13 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

+1 on Audion19s... Y2k Ed, not worth the premium, but if you want a unique car... this car will get lots of looks over another stock 996. I do love my Mill Ed since I personalized it over the years, but you need to question what you want out of a 996... here is mine currently.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:39 PM
kevjandon
Racer

If I purchased this millennium I would do something very similar to what redridge has done as I think it so damn good looking. sport classics, aero kit, I thought it had GT3 seats, etc..

As what others have said, people who own these think they are worth $$$. I just don't see where custom paint and interior adds 7K to the price.

I've looked at audion19's several times. It is soooo much car for $24K. Problem is I hate red and the oil leaks throws me off a bit. The other thing I keep wondering is why has no one else jumped on this deal? Is there something else I'm missing? If it was local, I'd probably live with the red and just buy it.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Blackness
Pro

Redridge, I have to agree with etwd...that car is simply awful.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:27 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by kevjandon
I've looked at audion19's several times. It is soooo much car for $24K. Problem is I hate red and the oil leaks throws me off a bit. The other thing I keep wondering is why has no one else jumped on this deal? Is there something else I'm missing? If it was local, I'd probably live with the red and just buy it.
The suspension I had on the car was a turn-off to most. I severly limited my audience with the coilovers, etc. Most didn't care for the rough ride. I just updated my listing today with the updated details and hope to boost traffic on the car that way.

The oil leaks from the valve cover gaskets are soo minor that I was on the fence about putting them in the ad. Literally a drop on the floor here or there. Never low on oil, never had to add oil to the car. Simply something I noticed and wanted to disclose to any potential buyers. I've been under a few lately comparing apples to apples and think most just aren't disclosing full details esp. dealers.

I think my location in the Midwest isn't helping either I've only had one person within 300 miles call about the car. I've had several generous offers on the car from wholesale sources. My local porsche dealer offered me what most here on the board have been offering which I think speaks volumes for it. Still waiting for someone to offer me fair private party money on the car though.

But if you can't get past the red, you can't get past the red. The right color for a car is a big deal to me personally.

Andy
Old 10-13-2009, 05:02 PM
peavynation
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't seen Andy's car in person, but if I was in the market again, I would be very tempted. It's a real nice car and is surely a catch. I'd even enjoy the red.

Don't let the little valve cover leak bother you, kevjandon, that's nothing IMHO.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:09 PM
knfeparty
Race Car

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

I got a 40th for 33k and it was in extremely good condition...I like the turbo nose but it still isn't the head turner that a lowered aerokit (especially red!) car is...I still envy the aerokit cars even though I get enough attention as it is.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:26 PM
blinkwatt
Pro

If you put on some Carrera Lghtwght wheels and lower it 1" I bet a lot of people's opinions would change about it.

Personally I love it(sans wheels).
Old 10-13-2009, 07:59 PM
red911c2
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by knfeparty
I got a 40th for 33k
How many miles did it have?

Both Redridge's and Audion19s' cars look beautiful!
Old 10-13-2009, 09:51 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
The suspension I had on the car was a turn-off to most. I severly limited my audience with the coilovers, etc. Most didn't care for the rough ride. I just updated my listing today with the updated details and hope to boost traffic on the car that way.

The oil leaks from the valve cover gaskets are soo minor that I was on the fence about putting them in the ad. Literally a drop on the floor here or there. Never low on oil, never had to add oil to the car. Simply something I noticed and wanted to disclose to any potential buyers. I've been under a few lately comparing apples to apples and think most just aren't disclosing full details esp. dealers.

I think my location in the Midwest isn't helping either I've only had one person within 300 miles call about the car. I've had several generous offers on the car from wholesale sources. My local porsche dealer offered me what most here on the board have been offering which I think speaks volumes for it. Still waiting for someone to offer me fair private party money on the car though.

But if you can't get past the red, you can't get past the red. The right color for a car is a big deal to me personally.

Andy
she's a beauty! - GO BUCKS!

Quick Reply: Millennium Edition 911's