Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Time for and updated baby seat model thread? Past threads have outdated names, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by ryangambrill
If i use the Recaro behind the passenger seat, how much room will that leave for the passenger? The main person that will be riding in that seat will be my wife (5'5).

The Recaro Young Sport looks bulky. Sure it will fit behind the pass seat?
My wie is 5'2" and she had plenty of legroom when the Recaro was behind her... all depends on how long your wife's legs are and how much legroom she "needs" I never really got any complaints from my wife.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If i use the Recaro behind the passenger seat, how much room will that leave for the passenger? The main person that will be riding in that seat will be my wife (5'5).

The Recaro Young Sport looks bulky. Sure it will fit behind the pass seat?
Will the seat be rear facing or front facing?
Old 04-03-2009, 07:21 AM
ryangambrill
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
Will the seat be rear facing or front facing?
Front facing.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If front facing space is not too large of a problem from what I have seen.

However on our rear facing Graco seat my wife (who is not large 5'4", 112 lbs) is forced very far forward.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:08 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I must be a giant and my son must be to (6'1 and 5'8) because I could NEVER drive with a baby seat behind me or must have a baby without legs and my son has to sit with his seat all the way to the front to give the 2 yr old in the back a little leg/foot space and she still has to put her feet on the sides of the back of the front seat..or her baby seat has to sit so straight up that I am afraid she is going to fall over......is this because I have a cab?? my babyseat is a britax marathon with the bottom taken off
Old 04-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb
I must be a giant and my son must be to (6'1 and 5'8) because I could NEVER drive with a baby seat behind me or must have a baby without legs and my son has to sit with his seat all the way to the front to give the 2 yr old in the back a little leg/foot space and she still has to put her feet on the sides of the back of the front seat..or her baby seat has to sit so straight up that I am afraid she is going to fall over......is this because I have a cab?? my babyseat is a britax marathon with the bottom taken off

I've no clue... I'm 5'11" and have no leg room issues at all with my son's Britax Parkway behind my seat... in fact I didn't even re-position the seat when I moved him from the passenger side to the driver's side.

Last edited by Wellardmac; 04-04-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:53 PM
ryangambrill
Pro

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
I've no clue... I'm 5'11" and have no leg room issues at all with my son's Britax roundabout behind my seat... in fact I didn't even re-position the seat when I moved him from the passenger side to the driver's side.
Is it possible to go from the Roundabout directly to a booster seat? The reason I was looking at the Recaro was that it could accept a larger weight.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Is it possible to go from the Roundabout directly to a booster seat? The reason I was looking at the Recaro was that it could accept a larger weight.
Sure. Unless you're pushed for space you can keep using the Recaro until you hit the booster seat stage. The only reason that I bought the Britax in addition to the Recaro was that I needed a smaller seat that would fit behind the driver's seat and make space for a rear facing infant carrier behind the passenger seat.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:30 PM
ryangambrill
Pro

Sure. Unless you're pushed for space you can keep using the Recaro until you hit the booster seat stage. The only reason that I bought the Britax in addition to the Recaro was that I needed a smaller seat that would fit behind the driver's seat and make space for a rear facing infant carrier behind the passenger seat.
What is the age and weight for the booster?
Old 04-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wellard did you take out the backseat??
Old 04-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

What is the age and weight for the booster?
The weight range is 30 to 100lbs and the height range is 38 to 60 inches.

Although these seats were discontinued by Britax last year you can still find them in the supply chain and pick them up for a good price.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb
wellard did you take out the backseat??
No, I've not changed anything. If you look at post 24 in this thread

https://rennlist.com/forums/6285099-post24.html

You'll see my current set-up... the britax is behind my seat and the graco is behind the passenger seat.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:16 PM
ryangambrill
Pro

No, I've not changed anything. If you look at post 24 in this thread

https://rennlist.com/forums/6285099-post24.html

You'll see my current set-up... the britax is behind my seat and the graco is behind the passenger seat.
My son was 32 1/4" back in Feb. Last week he weighed 30lbs. He is 17 months old. I think I am going to go with the Britax Roundabout for the time being and then move to a booster seat like shown above when he gets closer to the 40 lbs mark.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

My son was 32 1/4" back in Feb. Last week he weighed 30lbs. He is 17 months old. I think I am going to go with the Britax Roundabout for the time being and then move to a booster seat like shown above when he gets closer to the 40 lbs mark.
I wouldn't expect him to be ready for the Britax Parkway until he's closer to 3 yrs old.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:13 PM
ryangambrill
Pro

I just ordered the Britax Roundabout. Then when he gets closer to 3 yrs or so, then we will look into the Parkway.

Quick Reply: Time for and updated baby seat model thread? Past threads have outdated names, etc.