Sponsored by:

TPC Supercharger Porsche 996C2 GROUP BUY

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 06:06 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPC Supercharger Porsche 996C2 GROUP BUY

Vivid Racing has teamed up with TPC Racing to offer their well proven bolt on 100 horsepower supercharger kit at a special rate.

***$8650*** including the Porsche OEM GT3 Center Radiator Kit and Ground Shipping in the USA. No Tax, No Shipping Cost, No Hassles. TPC warranties their kits and Vivid Racing gives you a lifetime warranty on labor.

This group buy price is for a minimum of 5 kits sold. So if you want one, tell your friends! Retail price is $10,900 in addition to the $600 Center GT3 Radiator Kit. Many of you have talked about the price of the supercharger kits being to expensive for the price of the car, so this is what we worked out to bring them down in price. This group buy price is good for all purchases made till 9/30/08. Once all 5 kits or more are sold, shipping time is 3-4 weeks. We WILL and DO ship internationally.

Read about the TPC Supercharger on our Porsche 996 C2 in Total 911 Magazine Here - http://www.vividracing.com/forums/pr...-vr-996sc.html

Lets Learn about the TPC Supercharger Kit for the Porsche 996C2 -
A long time ago I came across TPC superchargers and wonder what their deal was. They reappeared to me when I was at SEMA in 2005 and I saw the supercharger kit in person on a yellow 997. At one point I said I was totally satisfied with my 996 and I would not touch it. I got the bug and wanted more power. With the cost of Turbo 996’s still up there, I wanted another solution, I wanted to do something that most people don’t see, and I wanted to show what Vivid Racing is capable of doing in the Porsche world.

Making a call to Mike Levitas of TPC put Vivid Racing in motion with a project. Shortly there after a 996 Supercharger Kit appeared and the install process was ready to begin. The idea behind the kit is good. Using a Eaton supercharger similar to OEM’s like Ford, Jaguar, Mercedes, gives for good consistant power. The air to water intercooler was engineered well and the overall packaging was on point. Enter Vivid Racing…

After doing some pulls on our Mustang dyno, our car made about 230 rear wheel horsepower. The supercharger kit was expected to add about a 100 horsepower. Diving into the car and removing components and installing the kit was definitely a TEDIOUS task. Like most aftermarket parts, there is always a little something you have to do, and that is why you pay to have it installed correctly. The total labor time was about 20-25 hours.

Their cooling system utilizes the factory GT3 3rd radiator kit. We already had the 3rd radiator kit to keep the cars temps down since we are in AZ. So we utilized a PWR cooler which we side mounted as seen in our pictures. Now we have the ability of perfect engine cooling and supercharger cooling. With a fresh oil change and some new spark plugs it was time to fire it up. We turned the key and were golden. Some revs of the engine told us that there was a supercharger that was ready to rip.

Moving the car to the dyno, it was time to get some power. The piggyback ECU that is available with the kits is pretuned using the UniChip Piggyback ECU for either 91octane or 93octane. The UniChip is a basic fuel controller that works with the stock ECU to control the air fuel ratio. Once on the dyno, we ran the car which made 330 rear wheel horsepower on 91 octane.

I had been personally running around in the car as a daily driver for about 5 months. We even ran this car from AZ to UT to LV then to LA and back to AZ on the 2006 US Leg of the Gumball 3000. The car always stayed cool on the temperature gauge and drove very linear. The Eaton supercharger does have a whine to it, but produces the 5-6psi of boost immediately delivery great drivability.

The only additional mod required for this system is an aftermarket Exhaust. The kit is complete and includes everything you need to run it. Check out the install photos here - Vivid Racing - Racing Gallery - Project 996 Gets Blown!

Take a listen to the TPC Supercharger on our short PROMO video we made -
YouTube - TPC Supercharger Porsche 996 C2

Why a positive displacement supercharger?
Power, Reliability, and Easy Maintenance have made the Positive Displacement Superchargers the primary choice of every OEM manufacturer producing supercharged vehicles from Mercedes to Ford. A positive displacement supercharger provides lag-free performance at lower boost without the need for internal engine modifications. The end result, an affordable, reliable, high-yield, performance upgrade available for those seeking high-performance and every-day driveability.

Why share Oil?
Unlike the cheaper centrifugal style superchargers, the Positive Displacement Superchargers are completely self-contained and have their own synthetic oil supply. The TPC 996 Supercharger Kit features a bolt-on design which does not require internal engine or major chassis modifications. The 996 Supercharger Kit also includes a large liquid-to-air intercooler to keep your charge air temperatures cool in the relentless summer heat.

The 996 3.4L/ Supercharger Kit yields an impressive 378 H.P. and 343lbs./ft. torque to the tire on a DynoJet! This makes 434 H.P. at the crank! (Rated on a 3.4L engine)

Kit is available for the 99-04 Porsche 996 Carrera C2 or C4. All results are on a 6 speed manual transmission car. Kit includes everything needed for installation including the piggyback ECU upgrade, intake, supercharger, intercooler, and all hardware and fittings. This kit is very reliable, safe, and daily driveable for everyday use.

Vivid Racing is an authorized installation center and dealer of TPC Supercharger kits. We can arrange transportation of your vehicle to and from Vivid Racing for installation, dyno tuning and testing, and final build of your vehicle.

If you want your Supercharger Installed by the Pros - We will give you 30% off the normal labor rate.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:50 PM
Melchior
Pro

That is an amazing price! I wonder if I have a credit card that my wife doesn't know about?
Old 08-22-2008, 08:02 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Well I hope you find one, but we do have financing through CarCareONE. They do a max of $7500 and it is SOLELY based off credit score. I have seen an average of about $4500 approved. It is NO INTEREST for 90, 180, or 365 Days upon approval. Not a bad gig. Just pay it off before interest kicks in. You can apply here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/finance.php
Old 08-22-2008, 08:44 PM
TMAC
Instructor

Can you give us the advantages to this kit VS. the VF kit? It seems like the VF kit claims to make more power
Old 08-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Low end torque will be greater over the Vortech. I ain't vouching who will make more hp on top end, even though experience says the Vortech will.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:27 AM
JDSStudios
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

vivid?
Old 08-24-2008, 07:50 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for 10k you can buy another 996....almost!!LOL
Old 08-24-2008, 12:50 PM
cdaniels
Racer

Sounds like a winner to me....wonder if engine mileage is a factor to consider..like my 3.4 996 has 58,000 miles on it...is that an issue?
Old 08-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cdaniels
Sounds like a winner to me....wonder if engine mileage is a factor to consider..like my 3.4 996 has 58,000 miles on it...is that an issue?
Nah, perfect mileage, motor is nicely broken in and wear patterns well established. I would rather put a S/C on a motor at your mileage than a brand new one.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:58 PM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have yet to find a Porsche running a TPC blower that can keep up my centrifuged 3.4. The efficiency just isn't there. The TPC unit loses pull at the higher engine speeds and torque falls off substantially above around 5000 rpm. The centrifuge keeps pulling all the way to redline. Shift points put the TPC into a falling curve while the centrifuge shifts into a rising one. Other than for a split second at the dig, the TPC just can't pull strong enough compared to the centrifuge.

As far as whether a 3.4 can handle the power. I have tried to blow by engine for the last 40,000+ miles and have been unable to do so. I'll keep trying tho.

Quick Reply: TPC Supercharger Porsche 996C2 GROUP BUY