Supercars Exposed TV show-Porsche episode

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 10:26 PM
Serenity Now
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PJorgen
Pardon my ignorance, but wtf is a GT4?
Carrera GT, not a gT4, sorry, too many keyboard strokes.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:45 AM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The Carrera GT was one from a member here on Rennlist.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:30 AM
phaphaphooey
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lerxst
I wasted 30 minutes on it once. Never again... Only Top Gear for me... and Fifth Gear if I have spare time.
Agreed. Fifth gear used to be better before they began using a drift competition between Plato and Tiff as a component of deciding which car wins a shootout. Man am I ready for that fad to die down.

Vicki on the other hand makes the show worth watching totally on her merits alone.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Desmodromic
Advanced

Speed...what is that? The only goal behind this channel is to cater to beer-guzzling redneck morons. Finally, blue-collar America has a TV channel. Oh, I forgot about FOX! Ok, two channels.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:22 PM
PJorgen
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Desmodromic
Speed...what is that? The only goal behind this channel is to cater to beer-guzzling redneck morons. Finally, blue-collar America has a TV channel. Oh, I forgot about FOX! Ok, two channels.
Hey! Speed has F1, that's not redneck, is it?
Old 05-23-2008, 02:11 AM
BuddyK
Instructor

Originally Posted by MechanicalEng
The only thing worth watching is ALMS and the ROLEX series.. I hope they cover the 24h of Lemans too... everything else is garbage... NASCAR, Nascar trucks and Monster trucks

Agreed, It's so strange that "Speed TV" does not have decent coverage of World Rally Championship either. I want to see WRC, Lemans, and Dakar, but coverage just isnt' available. Some guys at the top seem to think they know what we want I guess.

Every time I look at their channel all I get is some dude with a goatee making a blinged out rim on a "computerized" CNC while they fight with Boo Bear or some other pudgy character. Either that or some guys with matching red shirts trying to push the latest MOPAR motor bling or spark plugs or something.

Hey but I did see that Porsche episode in the snow and with the GT - it did have some nice driving, and the guy was pretty funny. But yeah, it's kind of like it's all dumbed down for us.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:26 AM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by roberga
At 190-200mph going back to the old days would kill drivers. The cars are 850HP cages with keeping the drivers alive after they hit a wall or roll down the track. NASCAR is not as much fun to watch from a distance but from inside the car the is a lot going on. Put the front of you car under the rear end of the guy in front of you @ 198mph. I wish the other series (ALMS and ROLEX) could find a way to market their product better.
+1 on this...I do enjoy watching NASCAR. Consider it an outright speed contest with potentially disastrous results rather than a low-speed corner contest and it's a lot easier to swallow...I'd never say that these guys are doing any less racing than F1 or ALMS or anything else--just DIFFERENT. Also, the old "aw, shucks" attitude is pretty humorous at times.=

But DW needs to retire.

Quick Reply: Supercars Exposed TV show-Porsche episode