Sponsored by:

Convertible Top Clamshell lid wont open

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Chart505
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Convertible Top Clamshell lid wont open

When I hit the "close top" button, the side flaps go down and you can hear the motor start to open the clamshell however it hangs up on something and will not open. Motor shuts down after a few seconds. If I hit the swith to open the top the side flaps return to normal "top open" position.

Would appear there is something hanging up the latch for the clamshell, or perhaps it is hanging up on the top itself. There is no room in there and cant get at it thru the engine- does any one know how to access a manual override for the cable that releases the top?

I followed opening instructions in manual, however cant get past the stuck clamshell, clearly there is something mechanically stuck or broken.

Any help appreciated.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:11 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

So as you turned the manual **** it did not move? How much force did you use? Can you try turning it while someone tries to help it along?...otherwise its off to the stealer...for a bogus calibration.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:03 PM
Chart505
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is something clearly hanging it up...a friend tried to lift the lid while I did the switch and the manual override, no luck. I would have thought there would be some sort of manual latch to get the cover open.

Quick Reply: Convertible Top Clamshell lid wont open