Sponsored by:

Becker CDR-220 Radio Aux Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 07:44 PM
AutoEuropeCars
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Becker CDR-220 Radio Aux Issue

I did the AUX input modification with the Belkin parts a few months ago, and it has been working great with my ipod and iPhone until last week (Thanks Orient Express!).

Now, when I connect either device and change the input to CDC, it plays the music for about 30 seconds, then switches back to radio automatically. The AUX setting is ON in the radio menu.

Any ideas what is causing this?? The Belkin circuit board is getting power, and I tried resetting my radio by pulling the fuse, the re-entering the security code.

2000 Carrera 2
Becker CDR-220

Thanks!
Danny M
Attached Images  
Old 04-03-2008, 09:37 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 97 Posts

Is the CD Changer still connected? When I did mine, I left the CD Changer connected and I was having intermittent problems.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:47 PM
AutoEuropeCars
Advanced

the CD Changer was disconnected behind the radio so I could connect the AUX input. Is there another place it needs to be disconnected?
Old 04-03-2008, 09:52 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Actually yes, you need to disconnect the bus connector on the changer itself in the trunk. It is the round control cable.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:09 PM
AutoEuropeCars
Advanced

wow thanks! that fixed the problem.

Its weird it worked fine for over a month before acting up.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:01 PM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by OCNYPORSCHE
Actually yes, you need to disconnect the bus connector on the changer itself in the trunk. It is the round control cable.
You are a beast. I love it when seemingly miniscule answers can be found on these pages. Of course, not that I had the problem; I don't even have a CD changer. But maybe you can help me with a secondary issue involving the AUX input.

If I connect my MP3 player to the audio cable and THEN turn it on, the music cuts in and out every few seconds. If I turn the MP3 player ON first and THEN connect it to the audio cable, all is good. Is this normal?
Old 04-07-2008, 05:15 PM
AutoEuropeCars
Advanced

thats odd. I don't know exactly what your problem is, but I would try using a different mp3 player or any other audio source to determine if the problem is with your vehicle or the specific mp3 player your using
Old 04-07-2008, 05:20 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

That is strange. Is it an ipod? I have an ipod connected, and even this morning, I turned on the radio first, then the ipod, and everything was OK.

When you say that you connect the MP3 to the audio cable, is that the headphone jack?
Old 04-07-2008, 05:59 PM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, the headphone jack.

I have tried both an iPod and an iRiver to see if the problem could be duplicated. Frankly, it's not really a problem since the workaround is to turn on the MP3 player first and then plug it into the headphone jack. It's just that when I leave it in the car, I have to unplug it, turn it on, then replug it. Weird.

Interestingly, I noticed the same thing when I used to use an FM transmitter. Maybe I'll try using the newest iPods and see what happens.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:33 PM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Edward,

I used a Belkin ipod adapter that uses the bottom of the ipod for both charging and for the audio out. So I do not need the headphone jack. I have found the headphone jack to be a little funny with some devices. For instance, ipods have a "turn on" mechanism that turns on the ipod once you pop the connector into the headphone jack. This may be what is causing the issue.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:09 PM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Thanks OC. Much appreciated. I think you might be hitting the nail on the head. Otherwise, the sound is pretty good and I love that I can connect any iPod to the car using the AUX input.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:04 AM
Ivc
Advanced

Originally Posted by nycebo
You are a beast. I love it when seemingly miniscule answers can be found on these pages.
Let me just add a "me too" to that. I bought the cable at the link below in order to get iPod integration, plus other potential inputs, for the Aux on my CR-220.

The installation went smoothly, but I immediately encountered the problem of the unit searching for a CD in the CD changer, not finding one, and then kicking over to play the radio instead.

Did a quick search on the forum, found this thread -- and voila, it's fixed and working great. Thanks guys.

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=1010

Old 05-17-2008, 12:09 AM
perryinva
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you have a CD changer and want to leave it in, all you have to do is leave at least one CD in the changer. The head unit will think its playing the cd but the sound will be from the IPOD

Quick Reply: Becker CDR-220 Radio Aux Issue