Sponsored by:

Dealer Wrecked my 996

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 03:40 PM
dave1200
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grant911
That looks like a great start to a very good website. Thanks for putting time into creating such a place. It could prove to be very useful in the future.
Thanks.. I buy cars all the time from dealers all over.. it would be nice to know who im dealing with(or who to stay away from). I think it will be an asset to the web given some time.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:44 AM
graham_mitchell
Banned

Received 442 Likes on 241 Posts

gittledog, best of luck to you in getting full restitution
Old 05-06-2007, 07:06 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by dave1200
You have inspired me.. Im starting a website called auto dealer complaints dot com. it will be up tomorrow. Im soo tired of hearing about this stuff, so lets do something about it.

I have my IT department putting it up now. I have about 4 cases so far to post up in the last few weeks.

Dave

You know about dealerrater.com, right?

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 05-06-2007, 12:17 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

Frankly I'm not surprised that its the collection. I was tempted to speculate when you first posted based on my own bad service experience with them back in 1998 when I use to live in Miami. Based on that experience I never took my Porsche back to them for service or anything else.
Needless to say I wish you best of luck resolving this issue.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Giovanni
Race Car

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

bump
Old 05-07-2007, 04:01 PM
kengorinthecollection
4th Gear

Dear Rennlist Forum Members,

I am Ken Gorin, president of THE COLLECTION in Coral Gables, Florida. It has never been our practice to discuss our customers publicly. However, since Mr. Gittlemen has opened these discussions, I felt it best to respond.

THE COLLECTION prides itself in providing its customers with the highest level of customer service. Client care is, and always will be, our number one priority. We recognize that the situation with Mr. Gittleman was unfortunate and have swiftly taken the necessary steps to ensure his satisfaction in the resolution of this matter. The same day of the accident, the claim was reported to our insurance company. The car was promptly and professionally appraised by the insurance company’s adjustor and our insurance company has agreed to pay for both the needed repairs and diminished value in this regrettable accident. In addition, we wholeheartedly encourage Mr. Gittleman take his vehicle to the body shop of his choice.

Most importantly, we are thankful that there were no personal injuries as a result of this accident.

It is unfortunate that certain members of this forum have seen fit to make personal attacks against myself and my daughter. These comments are outrageous, hurtful, unwarranted and defamatory. We will not publicly respond further to these attacks. Instead, we will stand behind our outstanding reputation as one of this country’s preeminent luxury automotive dealerships.

Ken Gorin, President

THE COLLECTION
Old 05-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Cueto
Intermediate

Welllllll.... Seems that words travel fast. IF indeed that is Ken writting the msg I am glad to hear that they are stepping up to the plate.

Best of luck

Frank
Old 05-07-2007, 04:21 PM
gittledog
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nobody has stepped up to any plate yet....
Old 05-07-2007, 04:24 PM
spiderv6
Drifting

Received 265 Likes on 137 Posts

but has he or hasn't he agreed to pay diminished value?
Old 05-07-2007, 04:27 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Guys,

I buy all my cars from the Collection. The reason, their GREAT service. Although the situation is unfortunate, it does sound like they are making it right. The Collection's reputation is superb as is Ken's.

Before continuing to degrade an otherwise superb dealer and it's officer, I suggest that we wait until the final outcome before making a decision.

Just my $.02

Marcelo
Old 05-07-2007, 05:39 PM
gggforce
2nd Gear

Default crashed porsche

Mr Gorin, What steps were taken to ENSURE Mr. Gittlemans satisfaction? All I can see is steps that the dealer took to cover their butt. The question should be, is the customer satisfied? I am sure that compairing him to your 15 year old daughter doesnt give the customer the sensation of satisfaction. From Mr. Gittlemans post I get the impression that it was you that decided to bring the subject of your daughter into the argument. Any mean or hurtful things said about her are directly related to you bringing her up in your conversation with Mr. Gittleman. The right thing to do would be to buy the car for the amount it was worth the day Mr. Gittleman drove onto your lot. Back in the day The Collection was known for being run by thugs and drug dealers are you trying to regain that "thugish" reputation?
Old 05-07-2007, 06:48 PM
kengorinthecollection
4th Gear

See the letter here:

The forum rules will not allow new members to post photos or links. The letter on company letterhead is hosted on the photobucket website. Search for "thecollectionlotus" then click on view album. The letter is the first image in the album.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:03 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Here's the letter:
Attached Images  
Old 05-07-2007, 07:23 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what's the big deal? Pay the guy for wrecking his car ASAP.
by the way,
NOT ONE PERSON IN PORSCHE WORLD will pay for a car that has been wrecked no matter how good it looks in the 'after' picture without a STEEP discount.

This is mind boggling, to risk so much potential future business over the loss of one car really makes anyone think twice about visiting such a business.

p.s.
You should be fired for comparing one of your customers to a 15 year old girl.
Has anyone forwarded this to the Porsche Club of America?
Old 05-07-2007, 08:00 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Ken,

Welcome to Rennlist....

After reading both this thread - and Ken's post/'note - I'm guessing there is not much more to be said. If Ken would like to contact me in person, he can do so by emailing my admin account at admin@rennlist.com with his contact information.

This thread is closed - and I WILL EXPECT TO BE CONTACTED AS TO HOW THIS WORKS OUT FOR BOTH PARTIES, IN PRIVATE.

If it is not worked out - this thread will be re-opened.

Have a wonderful evening,

John D.

Quick Reply: Dealer Wrecked my 996