996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

[NOW WITH PICS] Pep Boys Muffler Mod

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 08:20 PM
Gus B.
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Since there are no Autozones or Pep Boys where I live, I got some custom made ones that look just as silly as the ones above for about $20 (yeah, labor is cheap down here). I tried them on for daily driving and it was just too much. Went on a 4 hour highway ride and came back with a major headache. It also has the side effect of creating rattles in your interior where previously were none to be found. Fun for a track day or something like that, but for every day? I don't think so....
Old 02-21-2007, 09:11 PM
Mr. C4
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No way on a road car but OK on a track car.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:37 PM
Nutbeem
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TD, you're the man. It takes someone of great courage and confidence to experiment on their Pcar, end up with tailpipes that look like THAT (are those dryer ducts?), and post pics for all to enjoy.

Stick it to the man, I say, and leave 'em on! (maybe add some oval tips made out of aluminum foil!)
Old 02-22-2007, 12:45 AM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Nutbeem
Stick it to the man, I say, and leave 'em on! (maybe add some oval tips made out of aluminum foil!)
Ok, so my wife was right. It was too loud so, I put the mufflers back on tonight.

At least I have consolation that I didn't spend $500+ on real bypass pipes that I couldn't use. I'll put that money towards a PSE in the future.

Anyone want a set of cheap do-it-yourself bypass pipes? Only slightly used.

-td

[edit] I converted to bypass pipes after all. If you can stick out a week of it, they don't sound so loud.

Last edited by himself; 08-26-2008 at 06:45 PM.

Quick Reply: [NOW WITH PICS] Pep Boys Muffler Mod