Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Arthur thanx for concurring this forum is BORING!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2001, 09:32 AM
Maxeemum
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Arthur thanx for concurring this forum is BORING!!!!!!!

The old one was much better. I dont see any of the regulars in here anymore. It just seems that we had more fun with the other one.

This one's a bore, and for the amount of posts in here, the effort put into this new forum is not worth it, sorry John, but i HATE these new forum formats.
Old 07-04-2001, 12:16 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts
Exclamation

Gee "Maxeemum"...

I don't remember anyone on the old Board posting as "Maxeemum"? Why don't you tell us all what "name" (or perhaps it should be "names?" ) you posted under in that old Board you seem to miss so much?

Until then - I'm not sure how you are able to make a comparision between the "Old Exciting Board" and this "New Boring Board"?

BTW: If you really can't remeber which "names" you posted under on the old Board - perhaps you would like my help by reminding you?
Old 07-04-2001, 07:26 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts
John,regardless of Maxeemum correct name he does make a good point. I realize much of this is personal preference nevertheless the format does not lend itself to open communication. It seems too structured and process driven.

Is it possible in your quest to provide the best forum you unintentionally reduced participation?
Old 07-04-2001, 08:42 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts
Hi Nick..!!

Well said - and I understand your comments. But, actually - this new Forum is *more* popular then the old Forums. OK - these Forums have had roughly 9300 original posts in about 35 days (even though it was tough to get to in the last two days ) - which is about 270 - 300 posts per day to all the forums. In the older Forums - we had three Major Boards (993-996, 911, 924/944) which took an average of 50 - 80 posts per day each, on a good day....

Anyway - the traffic isn't merely the "same" - it has actually increased. That being said - of those 50 - 80 posts on the old Boards per day - about 10 of those were from folks like "charles" and "dan" and other morons who posted under "alaises" just to incite the Flames..

My two points here are that 1 traffic has actually increased, but since there are more Forums here - it looks like fewer..

2: While folks like "dan" and "charles" will always post - the required opt-in log-in keeps them to a minimum. Unfortunately - until there is an IQ Test issued with the ability to connect to the Internet - we will have to suffer with the likes of folks who have nothing better to do with their time then be idiots publically. And until they do issue IQ tests with Internet connections - we'll be forced to stick with formats which try to preclude folks like "charles", "dan", etc.......

Best to you!
Old 07-04-2001, 11:53 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts
John, thanks for the information. I understand and agree with your concerns. I suspect as with anything new it will take some of us a while to get comfortable with the new format.
Old 07-05-2001, 09:35 AM
Maxeemum
Banned

John it doesn't matter that you say that there are more posts being posted in the new forum.

The bottom line is that in this 996 forum, there are less. Period.

It is similar to the argument bewteen the M3 and the 996, yeah the M3 maybe faster on paper, but it doesn't fell anywhere near as fun as a 996 to drive.

The old forum is sysnonomous with the 996, the new one is synonomous with the M3. The old one was fun, the new one is boring.

Just look at the names of people that were posting on the old 996 forum?..Do you see many of them in here now?..And I'm not just talking about Charles,or Dan..What about Arthur, Ben in Fla, Dan SF, Mike P....yes some of these guys may be posting but they are posting very little to previosuly.
Old 07-05-2001, 11:23 AM
Chad in NH
Intermediate

Wow, the bottom line huh? That's telling him! Now, force him to change it back just because you don't like it!

John! Ignore the fact that the increased traffic overall is a good thing and run the boards the way Maxeemum wants! Who cares if there is a lot more content and more opportunity for ALL Porsche enthusiasts to share information, Maxeemum wants the old board back.

Why should it matter if this one is easier to administer, has less noxious content and works better overall? Maxeemum wants the old board and he won't give in until you change it back. Matter of fact, I think he's holding his breath until he turns blue right now! Now, what are you going to do about it?
Old 07-05-2001, 02:13 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts
Hi John,

The new layout is a technical tour de force and I'm very appreciative of all the work you put into maintaining this forum. I think the comments relating to the board being boring stem from the fact that due to the way things are laid out now, some of the interaction that we used to have, for example between the 993 and 996 camps, is missing. All of that messy give and take, and the contrary opinions kind of spiced things up. I'm not being critical, I'm just offering an observation as to why some folks may have the perception that the board is less "exciting".

Mike
Old 07-10-2001, 01:43 AM
Shant
Track Day

i'll tell you where everyone is........
www.funcarsonline.com
Old 07-13-2001, 07:22 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Talking

This forum you mention is a real brain dead thing. I have been and checked it out a number of times. In this layout you can easily hop between forums and post your answers, technical help etc. Personal opinions of course. Having the forum model specific does help somebody asking a technical question of specific model owners and not getting flooded with I do not have this but my model it was this. Not much help to a 996 owner to know how a SC fuel system works. Interesting yes but not helpful. This forum helps reduce this.
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4 (not a 996)
Old 07-16-2001, 11:59 AM
tom964
Advanced

John, I am admittedly more of a lurker than a poster, because I am relatively new to Porsche ownership and only tend to post when I either have a question I can't get answered from the archives or on those rare occasions when I have a possible answer. Still, I check it almost every day and I can tell you my opinion that the board is a definate improvement technically, and that I have not noticed a drop off in the quality of the content, and perhaps quite the opposite. Thanks for your efforts.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:39 PM
MoeMonney
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 127 Posts

Forum has come a long way since this....

Funny to click the link to funcarsonline and see the old style forums from 15 years ago.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:43 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,673 Likes on 923 Posts

^^Is Andrian Streather stil around? I love his books. Must have for any Porsche owner.
Old 08-22-2016, 01:15 PM
Gonzo911
Rat Balls
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Forget about that. I want to meet Maxeemum...Dude got banned back in the origin days of Rennlist...
Old 08-22-2016, 01:37 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,673 Likes on 923 Posts

I don't want to meet any man named "Maxee - Mum"... sounds like a bloody tranny.

Quick Reply: Arthur thanx for concurring this forum is BORING!!!!!!!