Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

19" Alloys - Visual Delight or Technical Nightmare?

Old 06-30-2001, 05:10 AM
homemark
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 19" Alloys - Visual Delight or Technical Nightmare?

Okay, so my Sport Classic II's look ace but thinking about these 19" alloys from Cargraphic. Porsche dealer says don't bother but Cargraphic suppliers say it's cool.

Anyone had experience of going to 19" on a 996?

Cargrpahic (German language but picture)
Old 07-01-2001, 09:06 PM
Al Hoover
Intermediate

I have observed at least a dozen cars with 19" wheels. To date every single one that was on the road had some sort of wheel/rim damage. My advise is 19" wheels look cool but you will forever be paying to have them fixed or straightened. Stay with the 18" Sport Classics and save yourself some trouble with pot holes and curbs.

YMMV

Al H. (AS C4 Cab)
Old 07-04-2001, 09:20 PM
Ted J
AutoX

Originally posted by Al Hoover:
<STRONG>I have observed at least a dozen cars with 19" wheels. To date every single one that was on the road had some sort of wheel/rim damage. My advise is 19" wheels look cool but you will forever be paying to have them fixed or straightened. Stay with the 18" Sport Classics and save yourself some trouble with pot holes and curbs.

YMMV

Al H. (AS C4 Cab)</STRONG>
Darn it, I didn't know that 19" rims could cause that many problem on a Porsche. They look so darn sweet though man, it's almost like maybe they would be worth it! lol

Ted

PS - Lucky for me that later on when I look into maybe getting a Porsche that I am a big fan of the 18" rims put on the Turbo (especially the ones put on the 993 TT.) At least those should be better for street use than that of the 19's from the way you speak above.

[ 07-04-2001: Message edited by: Ted J ]
Old 07-21-2001, 02:23 AM
Carrera Rod
Advanced

New to the board (ex-Boxster owner) I have 19inch SAC on my MY99 C2. No problems so far except the clear coat peeling off the lip. So far so good!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 19" Alloys - Visual Delight or Technical Nightmare?