Sponsored by:

C4s Bucket seats YES/NO?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 06:23 PM
Maxwell Marcus
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question C4s Bucket seats YES/NO?

Just ordered a C4s paying £705 over list to secure Feb 03 build. I included in the spec a pair of bucket seats, thinking that with the Roll bar, I would add a four/five point racing harness at a later stage. However in this months EVO magazine an article concluded, that when comparing the 911 with the Jaguar XKR-R & Maserati 4200GT, that the 911 proved to be the ultimate driver's car and an accomplished GT, with the only down point mentioned being the optional quasi race seats!! Is this correct chaps?
Old 12-12-2002, 04:59 PM
ally
Intermediate

I you are going to use the car on a daily basis they will be uncomfortable.I have the sports seats with painted backs in my 4S.A better solution?

Old 12-12-2002, 06:11 PM
SpeedGeek
Pro

I assume the "quasi-race" buckets you refer to are the GT3 seats? I have them in my GT3 and I love them. They are perfectly comfortable for daily driving, even many hours at a time.

However, If you're looking for sit-back-and-relax seats, these are NOT for you. And I'm not sure they'd be good for very wide people. Also, they don't fold forward, so they restrict access to the rear of the car. And they don't adjust up/down and they're not heated.

But they do hold you solidly in place in an upright driving position with strong lateral support. I find they improve the character of the car by imparting an extra shot of excitement, even when you're just cruising. And if you track your car you will absolutely love them, especially compared with the standard or sport seats which have poor lateral support.

I love EVO but I disagree with them on this one. I would say if you want your car to be a GT then these seats may be too extreme. If you want a sports car, they're perfect. The Jag and Maser are both GTs. I would suggest you try find a test-drive before buying.

Another suggestion is to option the regular or sport seats and buy one (or two) GT3 seats separately. They're not terribly expensive and then you can swap as you please. It may help resale of the car too.

Old 12-13-2002, 08:09 PM
Craig W.
Instructor

Forget the bucket seats, I prefer the bench seat. Nice to get a third person in the front row. Also makes it easier for your girlfriend to slide over next to you.
Old 12-15-2002, 05:37 PM
Maxwell Marcus
3rd Gear

Thanks for the advice chaps. SpeedGeek I love those seats & even though I will use the car most days I think it is worth having them, as I am sure with the full race harness fitted it will make me more at one with the car. Roll on March!!

Quick Reply: C4s Bucket seats YES/NO?