996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Speaker questions

Old 11-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Ryan996
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker questions

I'm looking to change out my speakers in my 2000 996 convertible. Does anyone know the size of each speaker. I've read that 6.5 can fit in the doors. If that’s true does any modifications/cutting need to be done?

Ryan King
www.webuyvegas123.com
Old 11-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Dharn55
Drifting

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Dash speakers are 4" mids with tweeters, If you have the HiFi sound package I know the doors are 5.25" subwoofers in an enclosure. The rear are the same as the dash. Everyone says the Focals are the best set up, although very expensive. I just put 5.25" Focal 130KP PolyKevlar in my doors, fit with minor modifications. Remember these are subwoofers only as wired from the factory. They say the Focal 5WS Utopia is a better one, specifically designed as a subwoofer but is more expensive and requireds more modification as the magnet is bigger. I am putting Focal 100KP Polykevlars in the dash, they are on order now. Rears are mostly for fill. Then everyone recommends repalcing the amp as the factory is rather anemic, then the head unit. I just purchased used JL Auido on ebay. I am trying to do the install myself.

If you search the threads you will find many posts with long discussions on the options. Also the "expert" recommende by almost everyone if Rod Rod Birch at Car Audio Inovations www.caraudioinnovations.com He sets up alot of people and if your not in N. Calif. he sends out complete packages, speakers, amps, headunits, wiring and instructions. He is really good but not cheap. You get what you pay for. He is always willing to talk and advise. Good Luck!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Speaker questions