Sponsored by:

CDR-220 and MP3 player installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 09:05 PM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Question CDR-220 and MP3 player installed

I just had the Becker aux-in cable for the CDR-220 installed and hooked it up to my MP3 player. However, the volume from the player does not sound as substantial as it used to sound when I used an FM modulator. Have any of you with this configuration noticed any issues with sound amplitude when you are hooked into the unit (basically, the AUX mode is much quieter than CD or FM mode)? Indeed, back in the days when I used the FM modulator, I have my volume on the MP3 set at 20 and used to listen to the Becker unit with the volume set around 20. Now, with the aux-in setup, I have to turn the MP3 player's volume to about 30 and I listen to the Becker unit set to a volume of around 25. Did the installer perhaps set up the cables incorrectly? It does appear to be playing out of both speakers, though I will make a more thorough check later on. I guess the one advantage is that there isn't any static, though there is the hiss of having the volume set so high.

I have to admit that my expectations may have been too high and I am a little disappointed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by nycebo; 11-08-2005 at 11:16 PM.

Quick Reply: CDR-220 and MP3 player installed