Help Me Price My Car Please

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 03:37 PM
parkman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Me Price My Car Please

Hi, it's been a long while since I've posted here. My car has been sitting in the garage for a long while (once in a while driven on weekends) and my other toys have been having all the action.

I'm trying to price my car so it will sell this month or next, thus reasonably but not too under fmv.

Can you guys help?

it's a:

1999 C2 Black/Black
58k miles
Aero Kit (all factory, front sides and rear)
litronics
changer
B&M Short Shifter
Fabspeed Intake
x50 exhaust tips (new in box never installed)
18" Turbo Twists
also comes with 17" Stock Wheels
also comes with Extra set of semi new pirelli assimetrico for the 18's
H&R Springs (new in box never installed)
2 Shift *****
2 Sets of Headlights (litronic and stocks)
2 Sets of Tail lights (clear and amber)
Comes with Stock front bumper
Comes with Stock rear spoiler
Comes with various other stock parts
2 years left on bumper to bumper extended warranty from dealership

never crashed, etc... great condition.

cons:
has several door dings, a few minor scratches on rear bumper, and a small scratch on the passenger door handle.
very minor rock chips on front bumper and hood.
minor scratches on trunk lid opener lever

I'm looking for around 34k. Do you think that's reasonable or should it be higher or lower?

THANKS~

Parkman
Old 11-03-2005, 03:44 PM
parkman
Addict
Rennlist Member

here's a few pics

Old 11-03-2005, 03:54 PM
evo_333
Three Wheelin'

nice c2... but whats with the GT3 badge?
Old 11-03-2005, 04:04 PM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

$34K with 2yr Warranty & all the extra's is a good price. Any parts that you do not have installed throw them on ebay don't sell them with the car. You will get close to retail value for those parts on ebay as they are new. You won't get that when selling the car.

Eric
Old 11-03-2005, 06:31 PM
SciFrog
Racer

I would definitely get rid of the GT3 badge...
Old 11-03-2005, 07:07 PM
parkman
Addict
Rennlist Member

hehe... will do with the gt3 badge. have a carrera one waiting to go on.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:29 PM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The warranty really adds to your car's value. Personally, I would start at 38M or so. You car looks clean and has all the option one needs. I wouldn't be upset getting 34,000 for it, but I would try for a bit more first. The 99 GT3 package was in great demand and you might find a first time buyer who will ****** it from you. THe dorr dings an be fixed by the new owner. Never hurts to try for more. Good luck.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:56 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

All I can say about that GT3 badge is CHEESE! As for the car I would shoot for 35-40K as long as the rear says Carrera or 911.

Just gotta ask.....why pose like that? Just don't understand.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:04 AM
mastermind
Advanced

I just sold my '99 C4 /w 55k miles for $35k. Guy is flying into Chicago Midway on Sunday - my drive down there will be the farewell to the 996.

On one hand, I am relived - I still owe $31k on the car over the next three years, and although the payment has not been a hardship so far, it's enough that it makes one go "ouch". I have a Dodge Ram 1500 as my daily driver and I think if I get back into a 911 I'd be more into an SC ('78-83) or slightly later car. I don't need the "newness" of the 996... also, if I get an other 911 I would want to pay cash for it (or at least 1/2 of it and have a small loan) rather than have the monster financing on the 996.

Details on my car can be found here:

http://www.mastermindmotorsports.com/911sale/index.html

To be honest, I think $35k is a totally fair price for the car... I think I could have asked for a bit more ($36.5 or $37k), but we're heading into the winter here in Milwaukee and if it doesn't sell now, the chance of it selling between now and Feb. is small.... meanwhile if it doesn't sell I am still paying Chase $955/month.... it's nice to get out from under that liability.

The 996 is my 4th Porsche. The first was a '79 euro spec 924, then an '84 944, then an '86 951, (then a miata, a '97 M3, '99 M Roadster) and finally this car.

Part of the reason for selling the car - I've lost the "lust" for a sports car. I can remember driving my 924 those first months of owning it - it was exillirating. Sitting low in the car, the rumble of the motor - "feeling" the road more. For some reason the 996 does not give me this excitement.

Part of the reason - motorbikes. They have diluted my love of sportscars. In one short year I have gone from one motorcycle to many:

'04 Ducati 749 (street weapon)
'02 Ducati 748 (track weapon)
'89 Honda Hawk (girlfriend's track weapon)
'67 Wards/Riverside Benelli 250 (vintage project)

this is as much fun as you can have with clothes on:

http://www.mastermindmotorsports.com/index2.html

In addition - with the garage space that the departure of the 996 has opened up, I'll probably get a touring bike - possibly a Ducati ST4....

That will make 5 motos for me, and 2 more for my girlfriend (her street Hawk and a Honda VFR sport tourer). the garage is quite full....

I'm going to see how it goes without a sports car for me - it will be the first time in over 12 years. If I find I'm breaking out in rashes or hives I may have to save up some coin and pop for a 911 SC... we'll see.

I am torn... the 996 is an AWESOME car... if the guy shows up at midway on Sunday and for some reason doesn't want the car I'll be happy to be taking it back home....

t
Old 11-04-2005, 06:49 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by 1999Porsche911
The warranty really adds to your car's value. Personally, I would start at 38M or so. Never hurts to try for more. Good luck.
I think 38M is too high for the car.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:34 AM
bet
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

First sell all the extras separate and not packaged with the car. You will make a lot more $$$ that way. Items like the Fabspeed intake can be a double edge sword. You have to find a buyer that wants that particular modification. If you have the factory intake I would swap it back on and sell the Fabspeed intake separately. The 18" wheels are good to sell with the car. The Litronics are a toss up. They carry a high price in the modification world however, they make the car much more appealling also. The stock head lights will not bring nearly as much in the used market. Personally I would but back on the factory shifter also. Depending on the buyer they could really be put off by the notchy feel of the short shift, not to mention it can be easily sold for $150 and it won't bring that in the selling of the car.

No matter what you price it at people will negotiate the price. Personally I would start in the high 30's (38500 maybe). The pricing advice on this board is always somewhat skewed as the people on Rennlist are extremely savvy buyers and only want to pay bottom dollar. However, there is very large % of the population that does not read Rennlist or the like and would pay more than many on here.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:57 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I paid almost 42K for my '99 911 c2 cab, tiptronic, full leather from a dealer...so selling it for 35K privately with all the extras is a little low....38K incl. the warranty should be an easy sell...
Old 11-05-2005, 01:09 PM
mastermind
Advanced

Well a cab is always going to commend more money than a coupe.... I think the original poster is selling a coupe....

Also, depending on where you are located, it's gettin' to be winter.. bad time to sell a car - makes it even more of a buyers market.

I think starting at $38k and setting a low threshold of $34k is reaonable... somewhere in between the the right price....

t
Old 11-06-2005, 03:11 PM
parkman
Addict
Rennlist Member

thanks for all the great advice guys. yes yes yes... I know the gt3 badge is the ultimate cheese. as an excuse, when I bought the car I was still in school (with the friends that bought the red and the silver ones) we all bought it together and their's already had the stupid badge on it and I regret having put it on...

thanks again~
Old 11-09-2005, 01:48 PM
ZX9RCAM
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Insurance replacement value of my 1999 C2 in good condition with 56,000 miles
is only $28,500.

Quick Reply: Help Me Price My Car Please