Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Getting ready for roadtrips -- stereo upgrade!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 12:11 AM
Rob in WA
Cap'n Insane the Engorged
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd say just replacing the amp and speakers only adds about 30-40 lbs. I saved 13 lbs by replacing the stock battery with an Optima. The sound improvement is worth it.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:57 AM
TallCoolOne
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree Rod is great. I went a little extreme and ordered his custom fit rear subs for my cab along with a complete replacement of all of the speakers. They form fit right in front of the rear seats and you lose very little if any seat adjustment. I am 6'3 and have no problems plus they sound awesome. Three ways for the front made a big difference. You might find it cheaper but check for the warranty as Rod will tell you
Old 11-10-2005, 09:41 AM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TallCoolOne
I agree Rod is great. I went a little extreme and ordered his custom fit rear subs for my cab along with a complete replacement of all of the speakers. They form fit right in front of the rear seats and you lose very little if any seat adjustment. I am 6'3 and have no problems plus they sound awesome. Three ways for the front made a big difference. You might find it cheaper but check for the warranty as Rod will tell you
Hey TallCoolOne. How do you like the rear subs? Did you get the fiberglass enclosures? Those look really slick. How do they sound? I take it you have a 5- or 6-channel Audison amp as well?

My only concern with getting the rear subs is that every now and then I have two women in the car with me and I want to make sure the passenger in the back has enough room. I realize because of your height that you have the opposite concern -- you want the driver's seat all the way back. Does the sub enclosure eat up a lot of space? I am thinking maybe I could just get one enclosure (instead of a pair) and put it behind the driver's seat since I rarely put anyone in the rear driver's side seat. Do you think a single sub would sound bad?

Thanks,

-Gary

Quick Reply: Getting ready for roadtrips -- stereo upgrade!