Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Do 40th anniv. sport seats (non-comfort) have silver painted backs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 05:06 PM
95M3CSL
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do 40th anniv. sport seats (non-comfort) have silver painted backs?

I am a little confused between the pics I've seen, cars I've seen, and the Porsche brochure on the seats from the 40 th anniv. edition.

The non-optional no-cost standard seats are the sport seats.
The extra cost optional seats are comfort seats with power and memory.

Do the sport seats that come standard with the 40th anniv. edition have backs that are painted CGT silver?

Thanks,
Marc
LA
Old 08-09-2004, 05:17 PM
Elton in SoCal
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Answer in no.

If you pick up the August issue of Excellence, there is a article on the 40th. I think it is accurate and "balanced" in it's opinion.

The sport seats have GT silver backs that I think really help the look of the interior. The seats are not for everyone as some have complained they are too narrow. For me, the sport seats are great and I gladly give up the power and memory to have them.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:16 PM
DonneyJ
Instructor

The sports seats are not a as comfortable as the electric seats...I tried both before getting the electric ones....fully electric seats the number one option in my opinion.......It doesn't matter how fast or great the car is if the seats are uncomfortable your buggered

DonnyJ
Old 08-09-2004, 10:40 PM
Zed.
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 150 Posts

Its ironic that in the rest of the 911 world sports seats are highly valued and bring big $$$ on the 'preowned' market. I also feel they make the looks of the car and are very comfortable on my frame. I would give a digit for cashmere leather sports seats for my 993.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:27 PM
Garveyb
Intermediate

To answer the question, Yes the Sport seat come standard with the CGT Silver backs. Not only do they look awesome, they are very comfortable and have power recline which is really never needed once you set the seat to where you like it. When I push the car thru any turn on the road they prevent me from sliding very nicely.

Garv
Old 08-10-2004, 08:18 AM
Zed.
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 150 Posts

Ditto. The sports seats also have manual height (by pulling forward and up) and the usual sliding forward adjustment with the lever under the front end of the seat.
The comfort seats are just the common seats that can be had in any 996.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:48 AM
grizzy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have sport seats on mine--Im a fairly big guy 6ft 220 and they just fit my shoulders--I didnt care about power seats anyway. I like'm for what its worth and they are painted as well

Mike

Quick Reply: Do 40th anniv. sport seats (non-comfort) have silver painted backs?