Sponsored by:

WTB: 993TT based GT2 replica

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 05:55 PM
S.White
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 91 Posts
Default WTB: 993TT based GT2 replica

I'm interested in buying a GT2 replica/homage/evocation/etc. based on a 993TT. I'm looking for a driver and mileage isn't much of a factor to me if the condition is good and the right service has been taken care of. Minor accident history or repaint isn't too much of a concern but I'm not interested in anything with title issues or major history. I'd prefer the true street GT2 flares that do not extend beyond the door sills. No color requirements other than it can't be Arena Red and I would prefer it not have Cashmere interior. It must have A/C.

Backstory: I recently purchased a higher mileage Arena Red 993TT that would be a great platform for a GT2 replica build but the darn thing looks too good as is! It has been really tough to get myself to cut into it. Unexpectedly, it's also been tough to get people on-board with the idea and want to do the cutting! So, I'm thinking if there is one already cut up and completed, that might make it a little less painful. Also, Arena Red wouldn't be my first choice on a GT2 replica either....

Also, if you know of any prospects, feel free to PM me and I will follow up. Thanks!

*If this needs to go into the Marketplace, please move it or let me know. I posted thinking it would catch more 993 GT2 replica owners' eyes here*
Old 01-28-2017, 12:36 PM
Turbopun
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interested to see where this goes... I really like that you're looking for a driver grade TT.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:02 PM
S.White
Racer

Originally Posted by Turbopun
Interested to see where this goes... I really like that you're looking for a driver grade TT.
Thanks, Turbopun. To clarify, I'm looking for a 993 GT2 replica that has been built from a 993TT base. I already have a great 993TT driver that I'm happy with. I'm just trying to avoid cutting one up myself.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:08 AM
onboost
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by S.White
I'm looking for a 993 GT2 replica that has been built from a 993TT base. I already have a great 993TT driver that I'm happy with. I'm just trying to avoid cutting one up myself.
They're out there.. however, like you I think they're very happy with them post cut-up to GT2 clone and nobody want's to give theirs up!

Good luck, I know its a tuff call!
Old 02-19-2017, 03:37 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

I'm actually going to do one of these myself but re-do the engine to about 500-550HP
Old 02-19-2017, 02:36 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

you can build one $$$

might be lucky enough to find a decent used one.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:22 AM
C4Spolar
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Best advise is built one, I did mine 15 years ago when 993's were cheap with factory GT body parts except for the tail, couldn't justify $5k price tag for it and too heavy, actually I bought (2) 993's to make one. Mine is based on a 96 C4S chassis with a mild 450hp 993TT engine with K24's and AWD delete with proper RWD factory tranny nose end, factory GT2 uprights/tie rods, PMNA center locks, PSS10, factory RS adjustable sway bars at both ends, Rennline camber plates also at both ends with BBS's 18" with 335 mounted at rear and corner balance, fun ride but a bit hard for a daily ride but fun on the street.

Good luck.

[
Attached Images  

Last edited by C4Spolar; 02-23-2017 at 08:32 AM. Reason: .
Old 02-25-2017, 04:33 PM
AC/911's
Banned

Received 94 Likes on 49 Posts

I went nuts on mine, Took three years & it was already stared when I bought it... Would take A Lot of $$ to even think about selling, Might take the time to do a thread on it soon.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:07 AM
S.White
Racer

Thanks for the responses and sorry for the slow reply. Been travelling without my computer and my phone isn't cooperating with the Rennlist app.

Originally Posted by AC/911's
I went nuts on mine, Took three years & it was already stared when I bought it... Would take A Lot of $$ to even think about selling, Might take the time to do a thread on it soon.
Please do a thread! There are some decent threads on some the process and some of the parts selection but none of them are very concise. If I end up building one, I will try to do a build thread as well. What kind of money are we talking about to get you to hand over the keys? From what I can tell by my research, a full build including paint, body parts, suspension, wheels/tires and interior would be somewhere around $80-90k? Another $20-40k if you want to get into engine work?

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
you can build one $$$

might be lucky enough to find a decent used one.
Thanks. Let me know if you run across a decent used one one!

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I'm actually going to do one of these myself but re-do the engine to about 500-550HP
That would probably be my goal as well. BUT I'd be tempted to drive it in GT2 from with the stock, slightly tuned TT engine for a bit. Get the feel of the 2WD and then send it to Turbokraft or somewhere and have the engine gone through to make a little more power while staying fully streetable and reliable.

Originally Posted by C4Spolar
Best advise is built one, I did mine 15 years ago when 993's were cheap with factory GT body parts except for the tail, couldn't justify $5k price tag for it and too heavy, actually I bought (2) 993's to make one. Mine is based on a 96 C4S chassis with a mild 450hp 993TT engine with K24's and AWD delete with proper RWD factory tranny nose end, factory GT2 uprights/tie rods, PMNA center locks, PSS10, factory RS adjustable sway bars at both ends, Rennline camber plates also at both ends with BBS's 18" with 335 mounted at rear and corner balance, fun ride but a bit hard for a daily ride but fun on the street.
Good luck.
[
Thanks! That's very similar to what my plans would be although I'd start with my TT and probably use some of the good aftermarket GT parts instead of the hard to source factory parts, skip the RWD nosecone and use FD Motorsports parts or the CAE shifter for the 2WD conversion, and probably stick with modern rubber in similar sizes to factory on Tramont or Jim's forged speedline wheels. I'd really like to do a modern GT car look with carbon hood, fenders, and wing but paint the top side and clear the underside. Dreams.

Is there any downside to leaving the AWD trans in it's AWD configuration but pull all of the other AWD parts off? I'd assume you'd want to put some sort of cap over the output shaft the keep debris out of there?
Old 03-07-2017, 02:21 PM
AC/911's
Banned

Received 94 Likes on 49 Posts

DO NOT EVER USE turbokrap ...

Your pretty close on the $$, It's the Time & Managing that's the Work.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:39 PM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 89 Posts

I completed mine about three years ago and it probably culminated a two year maybe three year repair
and build process.
Mine is on a '96 TT which I have had possession of for almost 19 years in one iteration or another ,it certainly takes some cahones to cut a perfectly straight chassis but it has certainly been done..
As to the AWD components the normal route is the removal of the pumpkin,axles and center tunnel and
replace or install rather a 2WD shift box and FD Motorsports forward mount and your done !
No problems or repercussions from ABD ABS etc and car is a dream to drive ,can't think of selling even though I now have a ;95 Cup Tribute as well and a '91 3.8 GT Clone ...
Good luck there's another gentleman requesting info furiously on the 993 board maybe compare notes
it aint cheap however you go..
Bert

Quick Reply: WTB: 993TT based GT2 replica