Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Short shift

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 08:53 AM
simonheo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can add the FD transmission mount to it..
Old 12-02-2016, 01:00 AM
pstoppani
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AC/911's
Disagree, With the whole kit It make a Good difference, With these cars Still worth good $$, Its worth it.

Just did mine to 2wd, Greatness! Used the New shiftier From FD, Rothsport

http://fdmotorsports.net/964-993-c2-...ort-shift-kit/

Bottom pick for stock look
Are you referring to the AWD SS kit or the 2WD ? The latter is apparently quite shorter than the AWD version which I have (full kit).
Old 12-02-2016, 01:10 AM
AC/911's
Banned

Received 94 Likes on 49 Posts

Had Awd kit til now, Felt much shorter & better than stock, Did not like Bumble underneath in tray though... Hit a few bumps & had to pop back out Twice.

2wd, yes, is just a little better now, need to drive more, in shop doing some tuning.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:27 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

The worse part of the SSK upgrade is dimpling the center tunnel cover -> it does add a lower spot to the car and there are a few ways to do it (press out a dimple, hammer it out, or cut it out and weld in a dimple). Installation is relatively simple but much easier with a lift - the SSK is a tight fit against the driveshaft for the front wheels, and it needs quite a bit of pressure to put in place.

This is still not a cable shifter though, it's still fairly long but with the SSK and Goldenrod, it improves the feel and reduces the stroke by 30% I believe. Adding the Fister transmission mount is a bit more subtle, it does tighten things up but depends on how bad your mount was to begin with. I now get a lot of gear lash noise (with a RS flywheel and GT3 clutch disk so no dampening there)after adding the transmission mount, I don't mind it but its pretty noticeable, especially when the transmission is cold.

Cheers,

Mike

Quick Reply: Short shift