Sponsored by:

Never Leave Your Car Unattended

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 09:57 AM
Essexmetal
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Never Leave Your Car Unattended

This is what happens when you leave your car unattended and people are drawn to the organic shape of the 993tt.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Essexmetal; 06-25-2015 at 11:00 AM.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:40 AM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have gotten some crap about my "RS" badging. I feel that the upgrades, deletes and way it's used, justifies the fun badging. Love the graphic.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  357.9 KB
Old 06-25-2015, 04:23 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

cool ornament!
I noticed your avatar change and your car is now green with ruf bumpers and s wing, what else have you changed Rick? looks pretty low too.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:42 PM
Essexmetal
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Boosted, I have never had any crap about the logos, but I have had several people argue with me that Porsche actually did a 993 TurboRS when I tell them there is no such thing. I don't take any of it too seriously, that should be obvious by letting someone climb on the roof. My buddy who's a senior design at Ford did the graphics in the "theme" of the GT3 RS to break up all the green on the side.

Ryojo, the car has been green for 5 years, just never changed the Avatar. The new engine does not create the firestorm like to old one. A feature everyone at the track love so dearly about the car. The new motor is a 3.8 with Elite twin plug heads. I still have the stock induction and intercoolers. Some fancy guts from Borg Warner in the K24 turbos. I really don't need any more
power as it is hard to control rear tire spin in third at 1 Bar. I have some Borg EFR turbos, GT3 crank and oil pump to go in this winter and I will upgrade the intercooler cores at the time. Still plan to use the stock cast ends with some thicker cores. The only other thing I want to change is the transmount. I need to pour some larger custom urethane bushes instead of the Engery Suspension ones I used. Need more compliance since I am getting too much gear rattle for my liking.
Rick
Old 06-25-2015, 11:31 PM
Boober
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very unique machine, I like it!

I might know your Ford design friend as the community is very small. Several of my former classmates work at Ford (1999 CCS transportation grad here)
Old 06-27-2015, 01:08 AM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Essexmetal
Boosted, I have never had any crap about the logos, but I have had several people argue with me that Porsche actually did a 993 TurboRS when I tell them there is no such thing. I don't take any of it too seriously, that should be obvious by letting someone climb on the roof. My buddy who's a senior design at Ford did the graphics in the "theme" of the GT3 RS to break up all the green on the side.

Ryojo, the car has been green for 5 years, just never changed the Avatar. The new engine does not create the firestorm like to old one. A feature everyone at the track love so dearly about the car. The new motor is a 3.8 with Elite twin plug heads. I still have the stock induction and intercoolers. Some fancy guts from Borg Warner in the K24 turbos. I really don't need any more
power as it is hard to control rear tire spin in third at 1 Bar. I have some Borg EFR turbos, GT3 crank and oil pump to go in this winter and I will upgrade the intercooler cores at the time. Still plan to use the stock cast ends with some thicker cores. The only other thing I want to change is the transmount. I need to pour some larger custom urethane bushes instead of the Engery Suspension ones I used. Need more compliance since I am getting too much gear rattle for my liking.
Rick
Had a coupla people come up and say, "I didn't know they made" or "is that the turbo RS"???? I say, "there's no such thing".
Old 06-27-2015, 01:24 AM
Valkuri
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Had a coupla people come up and say, "I didn't know they made" or "is that the turbo RS"???? I say, "there's no such thing".
Makes me want to go out and have a custom 'Carrera 5S' made for the back of my 996.
Just to **** around with people, that's all...

Last edited by Valkuri; 06-27-2015 at 01:26 AM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: Never Leave Your Car Unattended