Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with "Not ready" fail at emissions test.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 04:42 PM
96PorscheTwinTurbo
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the additional input guys. Seems like there is no one magic bullet for this. I'll try the additional drive cycle suggestions and see what happens. Will report back.

Steve
Old 06-30-2015, 09:45 AM
mickym0u53
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just send it to Todd at Protomotive and never have to worry about the readiness monitor settings again. I tried all the tricks in the book and wanted to be able to drive the car instead of constantly fiddling with it... Good Luck...
Old 06-30-2015, 09:01 PM
dr jim
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Based on my experience you did the drive cycle correctly - I let my car idle in neutral for 5 minutes at the end of the cycle. Not sure why it did not work for you.

In terms of a good, inexpensive OBD-II code reader I've had luck with a unit from Autel. It includes a display of readiness code status. Here's a link:
Amazon.com: Autel (MaxiScan MS309) OBD-II Code Reader / Scan Tool: Automotive Amazon.com: Autel (MaxiScan MS309) OBD-II Code Reader / Scan Tool: Automotive

To prevent this happening when I change the battery I have used a simple OBD Memory saver - a cigarette lighter plug with a 9-volt battery attached. This works on our cars as the cigarette lighter is always energized. Here's a link:
Amazon.com: Kastar 295A Computer Memory Saver: Automotive Amazon.com: Kastar 295A Computer Memory Saver: Automotive

Good luck!

Jim

Quick Reply: Help with "Not ready" fail at emissions test.